inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is the worse job you ever had?

Written By: jiminy on 02/09/05 at 5:05 pm

I've had many bad jobs but I have to say my three days on board a shrimp boat rank as the worse, it kind of started out exciting like a a Gilligan's Island episode, a three day tour, the weather was fine so I wasn't ship wrecked. There was no toilet on the boat, and all you can eat shrimp gets boring fast, I didn't have Bubba Gump's recipe book. Then sitting on the back of the boat separating shrimp from fish and what ever else came up in the net was no fun. After three days out we came back in, I think I might of made $50, life was not a box of chocolates

Subject: Re: What is the worse job you ever had?

Written By: A. Guest on 02/09/05 at 5:08 pm

Uh...I do think that this thread is in the wrong forum. It doesn't have anything to do specifically with the 1980s; heck, it doesn't cover any particular decade. So I think this topic should be moved to the Playful Penguin Place.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/05 at 5:11 pm

delivering The Pennysaver

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/09/05 at 5:14 pm

I've been in a few jobs I never wanted to do (part time cleaning, kitchen-porting etc . . .) but the worst was working at a certain retail store a few years back. It was posing as unisex but that meant they had a couple of gents t-shirts on the rails somewhere  ::). Some of the staff were alright but the female managers seemed to have it in for me - I was the only bloke working in the store so maybe I was a target.  >:(

Still. I've passed that phase in my life now (I lasted three months and was glad when they got rid of me).  :)

Modified to add: This was in the 90s - oh well.  ::)  :)

Written By: jiminy on 02/09/05 at 5:16 pm

Uh...I do think that this thread is in the wrong forum. It doesn't have anything to do specifically with the 1980s; heck, it doesn't cover any particular decade. So I think this topic should be moved to the Playful Penguin Place.
I had this job in the 80's but it can fit in any time I guess

Written By: A. Guest on 02/09/05 at 5:21 pm

I had this job in the 80's but it can fit in any time I guess

That's nice, but if a topic covers multiple decades (that is, no specific one), it would be best to put it in the Playful Penguin Place. I think you can send the moderators a message telling them to move a topic to the right forum if you make a mistake.

Written By: banglebabe on 02/09/05 at 6:10 pm

My worst job ever was at a condom factory. That's right, I played with rubbers all day.  :-\\ Hey, SOMEONE had to make them.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/05 at 6:13 pm

My worst job ever was at a condom factory. That's right, I played with rubbers all day.  :-\\ Hey, SOMEONE had to make them.

Wow.that's interesting. :o

Howard

Written By: Class of 84 on 02/09/05 at 6:33 pm

I worked for 4 hours as a dish washer in a country club before leaving on break and never returning, in 1985 (does that qualify this thread as an 80's thread?)

Written By: AL-B on 02/09/05 at 9:31 pm

The wrost job I ever had was also my first. I worked as a dishwasher at a restaurant in the small town I grew up in, and the boss (and owner's son) was by far the absolute worst pr!ck I ever had to work for. I wound up walking out in the middle of a shift on a Friday night. That was almost 20 years ago, the restaurant is still there, and I still refuse to ever set foot back in there.  >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/09/05 at 9:46 pm

A voluneteer job at a pet store, it wasn't bad, but the loud noise from the parrots got on my nerves at times.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/05 at 6:57 pm

My first job.  I worked the make up table at a drive in restaurant...basically I put ketchup on hamburgers.

Written By: bj26 on 02/11/05 at 6:53 am

Cleaning airplanes - you had to squnch into cramped spaces, it was filthy. The worst was cleaning up after a college football team, they really made a mess.

Written By: Paul on 02/11/05 at 7:04 am

Ho! Ho! I feel a 'Derek And Clive' moment here...(but you'll have to find it yourself, it's too saucy to link here...!)

Worst job I ever had was, without doubt, night security...

I did it as a stop-gap after I got previously made redundant and started the job I'm in now - about two years...two years of hell, IMO...

My hat genuinely goes off to anyone who does this for a living...!!

Written By: RojoP on 02/11/05 at 10:36 pm

I'm sure all of us have had to do this in one point in their life...
I worked the closing shift at Carl's Jr.  The worst part was cleaning the grease traps.  I lasted 3 days.

My best job as a kid was working at a local frozen yogurt shop.  The owners were really nice people who let us make our own creations each day to take home.  Good stuff.

Check for new replies or respond here...