inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what one do you guys like better Martika's toy soldiers or eminems???

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/10/05 at 4:06 pm

well, i have heard both version and by far!!! i like Martika's version wayy better and i really don't think rap artists should be taking this song and making it to some rap song because its a great song nice a slow i love her voice but what one do you like better?? :-\\

Subject: Re: what one do you guys like better Martika's toy soldiers or eminems???

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/10/05 at 4:19 pm

While I love Martika's, I think the reason why Eminem used it was b/c of the same message he's trying to discuss in his song: violence among young people. I'm not a fan of Eminem btw.

Tanya

Subject: Re: what one do you guys like better Martika's toy soldiers or eminems???

Written By: woops on 02/10/05 at 4:20 pm

Agree...  :)  I like Martika's "Toy Soldiers" better than Eminem song with the sample.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/05 at 4:29 pm

Martika

Howard

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/10/05 at 5:41 pm

I used to like Eminem a lot, but I kinda don't care for him as much anymore.  Besides, Toy Soldiers is a great song on its own(which is usually the reason why rap artists borrow samples).  So I go for Martika's original version.

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/11/05 at 6:41 am

yes, i would agree with all of you Martika did that song well, and i don't know if really anyone could match it just like journey no one will touch it because do you think anyone could get as remotely close to steve perry's voice, but i still think artists should take the song but they should make it alleast sounds as good or in other cases way better then the original, or whats the point if your just gunna make it sound like crap?

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 6:50 am

Being the purist that I am, I love Martika's version better. However, I think it would have helped Eminem if his rapping scanned with the song. It's like being talked at to a soundtrack.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/11/05 at 10:28 am

Martika...I cant stand Eminems music

Check for new replies or respond here...