inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Breathe(80's group)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/11/05 at 11:59 am

Does anyone know what ever happened to them? Where are they now?

Subject: Re: Breathe(80's group)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 12:56 pm

Didn't they have a song with "Hands to Heaven"? I liked the song, but I don't know. Maybe they had greater success in England (their home area).

Tanya

Written By: Paul on 02/11/05 at 2:21 pm

In actual fact, Tanya - they didn't...they just had the solitary big hit here with 'Hands To Heaven', a couple more lesser hits and an album which sold reasonably (if not spectacularly...)

The US took to the group more kindly, where they had a bit more success, but they couldn't build on it and by 1991/2 they'd called it a day...

They seem to have disappeared off the face of the Earth, but I gather the mainstay of the group, Dave Glasper, was last heard concentrating on songwriting - as for the others, I honestly couldn't tell you...

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 02/11/05 at 7:08 pm

I really dig breath.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 7:47 pm

In actual fact, Tanya - they didn't...they just had the solitary big hit here with 'Hands To Heaven', a couple more lesser hits and an album which sold reasonably (if not spectacularly...)

The US took to the group more kindly, where they had a bit more success, but they couldn't build on it and by 1991/2 they'd called it a day...

They seem to have disappeared off the face of the Earth, but I gather the mainstay of the group, Dave Glasper, was last heard concentrating on songwriting - as for the others, I honestly couldn't tell you...

Thanks for the info, Paul. It's a shame really.

Tanya

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/12/05 at 6:00 am

I really dig breath.

I really wish they had stayed around.

Written By: whistledog on 11/09/06 at 3:36 am

I like Breathe.  My favourite song from them is their somewhat forgotten 1990 hit "Say A Prayer" which despite only reaching #21 in the US, got all the way to #6 in Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FeG99Z71BU

Check for new replies or respond here...