inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: '80's Superstars Battle: Journey vs. A '70's Comeback Artist

Written By: woops on 02/11/05 at 3:55 pm

Since a classic Run DMC remake (with the help of Steven Tyler and a much cooler Perry named Joe) of "Walk This Way" came out in 1986, it resurrected the career of one of the greatest rock bands and released two successful albums in the '80's: "Permanent Vacation" & "Pump".   8)  And still went strong in the 1990's...  8)

Since I strongly dislike Journey more than every current teen queen & boy band combined, I select Aerosmith.  :)  :D

Subject: Re: '80's Superstars Battle: Journey vs. A '70's Comeback Artist

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 4:45 pm

I voted for Aerosmith b/c I like them more than Journey. However, I still like Journey.

Tanya

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/11/05 at 4:46 pm

journey blows, aerosmith rocks.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 4:50 pm

I voted for Aerosmith b/c I like them more than Journey. However, I still like Journey.

Tanya
I like the CLASS, Tanya ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 4:53 pm

I like the CLASS, Tanya ;)

You know it's quite simple. Both bands rock! They have their own style and purpose in the field of music! You don't have to like either one of them. Just be mindful that others do.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 5:02 pm

You know it's quite simple. Both bands rock! They have their own style and purpose in the field of music! You don't have to like either one of them. Just be mindful that others do.

Tanya
Exactly! I didn't neccessarily like The Cure...and yes I did gon on for a bit about some voting results, which was immature at best but geez, this Journey bashing never ends ::)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/11/05 at 5:13 pm

whatever. like your opinions matter to me, like mine does to you. i have the right to say whatever band blows because it's my opinion. mine. if you have a problem, PM me, don't "chastise" me for everone to see with your flippin' high horses.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 5:30 pm

whatever. like your opinions matter to me, like mine does to you. i have the right to say whatever band blows because it's my opinion. mine. if you have a problem, PM me, don't "chastise" me for everone to see with your flippin' high horses.

I don't think anyone's (including me) chastising you. You have every right to your opinion as well. All I was saying is that there's a certain way to express such an opinion (as I did in my previous post).

Tanya 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 5:32 pm

No problem, dude...I wasn't chastising you at all. Sorry if you thought I was.  ;)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/11/05 at 5:36 pm

i believe in brutal honesty. sublety and genteel behaviour is for the weak. but next time i'll hold my tongue, lest i get banned. and for the record, the journey vs the cure poll was like comparing apples and oranges. both bands are at the polar opposite of the rock spectrum. at least this poll is more reasonably, both are 70s rock bands that have similar sounds.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 5:40 pm

at least this poll is more reasonably, both are 70s rock bands that have similar sounds.
Well, we can definatly agree on that :)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/05 at 5:47 pm

Journey

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/11/05 at 8:20 pm

It's JOURNEY all the way for me!!!!  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 8:45 pm

i believe in brutal honesty. sublety and genteel behaviour is for the weak.
Brutal honesty is fine...but so is being kind. BTW, I am not weak just because I'm a genteel (which means kind, courteous and civil) person. That makes a person weak :D  Rudeness is highly overated and for the insecure...but THAT is just MY opinion. So on this point maybe it's best we agree to disagree!

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 9:31 pm

I voted Aerosmith purely because I know more of their songs, therefore like more of the two songs that I know of Journey (however, I love 'Don't stop believing' and 'Oh Sherrie' (which I think is a Steve Perry only song).

i believe in brutal honesty. sublety and genteel behaviour is for the weak. but next time i'll hold my tongue, lest i get banned. and for the record, the journey vs the cure poll was like comparing apples and oranges. both bands are at the polar opposite of the rock spectrum. at least this poll is more reasonably, both are 70s rock bands that have similar sounds.

Okay, what's this about Sputnik? If you believe in brutal honesty, why can't people be 'brutally honest' with you in public rather than be 'subtle' or 'genteel' by giving you a PM?

You don't need to hold your tongue - anyway, if you did, you would be practising 'genteel behaviour' and you wouldn't want to be accused of being weak now, would you?  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/05 at 12:30 am

Aerosmith

Written By: Jen82 on 02/12/05 at 9:17 am

Journey

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/12/05 at 9:57 am

Okay, what's this about Sputnik? If you believe in brutal honesty, why can't people be 'brutally honest' with you in public rather than be 'subtle' or 'genteel' by giving you a PM?

You don't need to hold your tongue - anyway, if you did, you would be practising 'genteel behaviour' and you wouldn't want to be accused of being weak now, would you?  ;)

you can see my conundrum. my personal life is wracked with paradoxes...

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/12/05 at 2:13 pm

Aerosmith all the way. 

They know how to survive.

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/05 at 2:33 pm

you can see my conundrum. my personal life is wracked with paradoxes...

Ah man. All I know is as long as you don't say things about 'subtlety and genteelity being for the weak' you will be alright. There are people who practice these things because they believe it is a nice way to get along with people. I guess Mark felt a little put out by your comment because he tries very hard to excercise these practices.  :)

Honesty is great (I try to live my whole life by it - quite often to my own detriment) but it is also great to be socially aware.

Written By: Lauren69 on 02/12/05 at 2:58 pm

I like both but favour Journey :)

Written By: woops on 02/12/05 at 4:17 pm

Aerosmith...6

Journey...17  :(

I read somewhere that Aerosmith had opened up for Journey at one time, but many fans & critics wanted the tour to be the other way: Aerosmith with Journey as the opening act.

Though historically, Aerosmith has more longevity than Journey.  8)

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/12/05 at 4:37 pm

Journey  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/12/05 at 7:51 pm

Aerosmith...6

Journey...17  :(

I read somewhere that Aerosmith had opened up for Journey at one time, but many fans & critics wanted the tour to be the other way: Aerosmith with Journey as the opening act.

Though historically, Aerosmith has more longevity than Journey.  8)
I suppose...though both are from the early 70's and are still together. Aerosmith didn't have much happening from '79-'86...Jouney broke up...sort of in the early 90's...Perry came back and they won a grammy in '96. Now Steve is gone and I really don't care for the "New" Journey as much :-\\

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/13/05 at 10:53 am

Journey, all the way nothing can beat Steve Perry's voice!! 8) ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/13/05 at 5:41 pm

Journey, all the way nothing can beat Steve Perry's voice!! 8) ;)
Couldn't have said that better myself ;)

Written By: woops on 02/13/05 at 5:47 pm

IMO, the outcome was suprising. I know most of the people on this board hates Michael Jackson, but I didn't expect Journey to beat out Aerosmith.

I'm putting the battle on hold for a '80's Superstars Battle: Pop Divas" special.  :)

The winner is still Journey.

Check for new replies or respond here...