inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Steve Perry's Birthday...Journey Gets Star On Walk Of Fame

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 5:16 pm

Late last month Journey got their start on the walk of fame and Steve Perry celbrated his birthday. Steve Perry went back to Hollywood Boulevard to see the Star for his birthday. He saw observed people looking at the Star, he saw two girls hand their camera to a friend and they lay down next to the Star. Steve came out from his hiding place, ran and lay down next to them asking if they minded if he snuck into their picture.

He stuck around and greeted a few more fans and took pictures - making a good birthday for him. Here's the picture with the girls
:)

Subject: Re: Steve Perry's Birthday...Journey Gets Star On Walk Of Fame

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 5:26 pm

Late last month Journey got their start on the walk of fame and Steve Perry celbrated his birthday. Steve Perry went back to Hollywood Boulevard to see the Star for his birthday. He saw observed people looking at the Star, he saw two girls hand their camera to a friend and they lay down next to the Star. Steve came out from his hiding place, ran and lay down next to them asking if they minded if he snuck into their picture.

He stuck around and greeted a few more fans and took pictures - making a good birthday for him. Here's the picture with the girls
:)

How cool was that? It must have freaked them out! I remember seeing it on the news and being happy for them!

Tanya

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/11/05 at 8:10 pm

That's wonderful!  I'm really glad to see things like that!  :)

Steve Perry and Journey ROCK!!!!  8)

Written By: AchtungBaby on 02/11/05 at 8:51 pm

That is awesome.  I always liked Steve Perry - I think he has received a bad rap.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 8:55 pm

I always liked Steve Perry - I think he has received a bad rap.
Sadly that is true...nice to hear from some fellow fans though ;)

Written By: lost_in_the_80s on 02/12/05 at 11:12 pm

Steve Perry has one of the most awesome voices EVER!!! And I've heard he's a pretty good guy. I wish that could have been me!

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/12/05 at 11:17 pm

That's wonderful!  I'm really glad to see things like that!  :)

Steve Perry and Journey ROCK!!!!  8)

what she said  ;) ;D

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/13/05 at 11:01 am

Steve Perry has one of the most awesome voices EVER!!! And I've heard he's a pretty good guy. I wish that could have been me!

Yeah, i have to agree with that Steve Perry has a very unique voice, No one can come close to sounding like him and i think that was what i loved most about him plus, I have there greatest hits CD, And i love every song on there journey is one of my favorite bands and i think they had a great year in the 80S... ;) 8)

Written By: Hairspray on 02/13/05 at 11:42 am

That's awesome! He's a good guy with an unquestionably great voice and he made Journey the greatness it was.

There are still people out there who don't know that the reason he isn’t able to reunite with the group is because of his illness.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/15/05 at 4:38 pm

That's awesome! He's a <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=good%20guy" onmouseover="window.status='<a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=good%20guy" onmouseover="window.status='good guy'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guy</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guy</a> with an unquestionably great voice and he made Journey the greatness it was.

There are still people out there who don't know that the reason he isn’t able to reunite with the group is because of his illness.
And then there are those who have nothing better to do than bash him ::) Oh well, nice to hear from you on this, Hairspray ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...