inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone here remember THE WRESTLING ALBUM?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/11/05 at 9:23 pm

I was just thinking about the WWF and "The Wrestling Album"...does anyone remember it...I actually bought the cassette. Every time I think of certain songs on it....I laugh my A** off!

here's the songs that make me die laughing...

Land of 1000 Dances(the video was d**m funny too with Orndorff slamming that bass drum on another wrestler)
Jimmy Hart mocking Rick Springfield"Eat Your Heart Out Rick Springfield"
Mean Gene Okerlund slaying "Tutti Frutti"
and of course
Nikolai Volkoff singing Cara Mia then launching into the SOVIET NATIONAL ANTHEM.....'greatest song ever made'in his words...

Subject: Re: Does anyone here remember THE WRESTLING ALBUM?

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 9:34 pm

I've heard about it but not listened to it, Tonyfan. Does it feature entrance music to people like 'Hillbilly Jim' and 'Hulk Hogan' as well?

Written By: mitch1987 on 02/11/05 at 10:05 pm

A great album. It had Hogan's entrance music..both the old one and Real American by Derringer. Real American was originally for the wrestlers Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo"s theme..The Rockers. But eventually they used it for Hogan. Its the best song on the album IMO.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/05 at 12:29 am

I saw a video for I am Real American once, it's the most cheesiest video that I have seen in ages!  ::)  ;D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 02/12/05 at 3:30 am

The Wrestling Album, believe it or not, was one of Simon Cowell's hit productions. He mentions it in his very funny book, "Don't Mean To Be Rude, But......."
Cheers,
Dee  :-*

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/05 at 10:03 am

The Wrestling Album, believe it or not, was one of Simon Cowell's hit productions. He mentions it in his very funny book, "Don't Mean To Be Rude, But......."
Cheers,

Seriously?    ::)  ;D

Written By: Webstor on 02/13/05 at 8:12 am

Sad to say, I own a copy of that CD.....
It is freakin hilarious.

The Best songs are Real American and Hillbilly Jim's "Country Boy" theme

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/13/05 at 12:12 pm

Cheers,
Dee :-*
I always thought that RICK DERRINGER was the 'genius' behind the Wrestling Album....I think Rick did some of the production work on it actually....

Written By: Bobby on 02/13/05 at 1:14 pm

Cheers,

That doesn't surprise me. Cowell was well known for producing some the most cheesiest songs of the 80s ('So macho' by Sinitta being one of them).

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/13/05 at 1:47 pm

Yes i am proud to say i own it. I bought it at a car boot sale for 90 Pence.

I also got The Music volume 3 for the same price.

It's.. well i really am not sure why i still own it  ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 6:53 pm

A great album. It had Hogan's entrance music..both the old one and Real American by Derringer. Real American was originally for the wrestlers Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo"s theme..The Rockers. But eventually they used it for Hogan. Its the best song on the album IMO.

Barry Whindham and Mike ROtundo were the U.S. Express not the Rockers.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/05 at 7:01 pm

Real American by Rick Derringer and Cara Mia were on my favorites.you had a lot of the cheeseiest song 20 years ago. ;D

Howard

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/06 at 7:55 pm

Land of 1000 Dances(the video was d**m funny too with Orndorff slamming that bass drum on another wrestler)

Here in Canada, that song reached the Top 40  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...