inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: any favourite 80's band i need some ideas and make them good!!!

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/12/05 at 5:05 pm

hey guys, Feel free to throw out any great 80's band im trying to find some new music, So if you have any great songs that i might not of heard of just throw the artist and song title, And i will check it out thanks for your help!!!! ;D 8)

Subject: Re: any favourite 80's band i need some ideas and make them good!!!

Written By: woops on 02/12/05 at 5:13 pm

XTC, "Senses Working Overtime", "Making Plans For Nigel"  8)

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/12/05 at 5:23 pm

oh wow, i have never heard of those songs before great thanks!! ill check them out.... ;D ;)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/13/05 at 6:29 am

Duran Duran :D Hungry like the Wolf,New Moon on Monday. Anything by Duran Duran is good.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/13/05 at 8:40 am

i suggest finding any 80s compilations on CD. many of those compilations lie in bargain bins at music stores so price shouldn't be a problem. your canadian i see in your profile, muchmusic has released an 80s compilation that has some great music on there. hair metal, new wave, rock, pop, this compilation runs the gamut of 80s music.

Written By: RojoP on 02/13/05 at 8:44 am

hey guys, Feel free to throw out any great 80's band im trying to find some new music, So if you have any great songs that i might not of heard of just throw the artist and song title, And i will check it out thanks for your help!!!! ;D 8)

U2 - Electric co
Depeche Mode - Everything Counts/Somebody/Blaphemous Rumors
Midge Ure - Answers to Nothing
The Producers - Whats He Got
Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
New Order - Regret
Annie Lennox - Waiting in Vain
Howard Jones - One Last Try

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 9:44 am

Oooh...here we go!!!!! :D

ULTRAVOX - I'd recommend just about anything, but here are a few key songs: Sleepwalk, Passing Strangers, New Europeans, Mr. X, Vienna, Reap The Wild Wind, Visions In Blue, Hymn, We Came To Dance (LP version), Cut And Run, The Thin Wall, The Voice, White China...just to name a few. I recommend their stuff from the 70's as well!

JOHN FOXX - Underpass, No-One Driving, Dancing Like A Gun, Miles Away, Walk Away, Endlessly...just about anything else!

DEPECHE MODE - Anything from the albums Speak & Spell to Black Celebration. Also: Never Let Me Down Again, Behind The Wheel, The Things You Said...

By the way, RojoP, Midge Ure's "Answers To Nothing" is not 80's, I don't think...:)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/13/05 at 9:52 am

wow, thanks a lot here guys your giving some pretty good music!!!!!! :) ;) 8)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 9:56 am

Thanks. :) Oh, and since I'm assuming you're Canadian (like me), I highly recommend songs by Rational Youth and Strange Advance as well.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CoReY hARt on 02/13/05 at 10:11 am

Thanks. :) Oh, and since I'm assuming you're Canadian (like me), I highly recommend songs by Rational Youth and Strange Advance as well.

Absolutely Vile

Ha ha, yep I'm from Ontario, but yeah I'm only 17 lol can you believe that i love the 80S SO much, You could say I'm a nerd but oh well i think this site is awesome everyone in here are just awesome to talk to, And get information its awesome!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...