inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sea Monkeys

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/13/05 at 6:32 pm

Anyone else have these?  I had them a couple of times, they always died but they were cool.  Maybe it was cause I lived in cold weather and the water was too cold.  But they were cool.

I remember having a friend who's parents moved their sea monkeys to a regular fish tank and they were pretty big, I can't rememeber exactly but it was weird.

Anyways, I will have to get my son some when her gets older.

Subject: Re: Sea Monkeys

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/13/05 at 6:44 pm

i remember the ads in comic books. what were they really?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/13/05 at 7:35 pm

i remember the ads in comic books. what were they really?

They where actually brill shrimp.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/13/05 at 7:46 pm

They where actually brill shrimp.

now i know after so many years...

Written By: matdn on 02/13/05 at 9:25 pm

My friend in Spain ( from australia ) has the distribution rights for Spain and Portugal and is now branching into butteflies etc.
They are booming over there and it is strange to think we have had them here ( in the back of comic books ) for over 20 years.
bye.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/13/05 at 9:30 pm

I can't believe people actually kept brine shrimp as pets. It is kind of funny! A bit like Pet Rocks... how far marketing and persuasion will go...

I did indeed keep sea-monkeys for a time. I would go to the aquarium store, buy a bag full of them without having to experience the joyous feeling of watching them grow (okay, I'll stop the tiresome sarcasm) and dump them in my fish tank. It was much more fun watching those poor sea-monkeys be gobbled up by my hungry tropical fish.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/13/05 at 10:04 pm

I can't believe people actually kept brine shrimp as pets. It is kind of funny! A bit like Pet Rocks... how far marketing and persuasion will go...

I did indeed keep sea-monkeys for a time. I would go to the aquarium store, buy a bag full of them without having to experience the joyous feeling of watching them grow (okay, I'll stop the tiresome sarcasm) and dump them in my fish tank. It was much more fun watching those poor sea-monkeys be gobbled up by my hungry tropical fish.

Yep, they are brine shrimps....

A up close picture of a sea monkey....

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/9709TUANP.jpg

Written By: rubixgirl on 02/14/05 at 9:56 am

I had those...good time.
http://www.miamisci.org/store/images/d9d139bc2a4ffbea17a128db4bd1d835.jpg

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/14/05 at 9:58 am

I always had a hard time waiting patiently for the stuff you had to add to the water to make it safe for the monkeys.  I remember it took 24 hours and it was hard to wait  :)
I was ready to dump them in and see them hatch!

Written By: kairi747 on 03/14/05 at 5:23 pm

yep, my sister had them growing up and my son just had a bunch last summer that actually lasted about eight months!  They got really big and were able to reproduce many times.  At one point there were so many in that little tank.  They are so ugly that they become cute.  They did get to be a pretty good size also.

Written By: jiminy on 03/14/05 at 7:07 pm

They were a big ripoff, I remember buying them and not seeing the little pink people on the package and dumped them out, Maybe if I had mixed my sea monkeys with seamen like Cartman did, they would of been more interesting

Check for new replies or respond here...