inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Wave Acts You Don't Like

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 9:06 pm

I'll start.

1. The Cars - These guys switch between synth-pop done wrong and Rock and Roll which is outdated by about 8 years.  What an embarassment.  :P

2. The B-52s - While they're sometimes fun they're so obnoxious and are so campy that any fun I get out of listening to "Love Shack" is instantly destroyed.  "Roam" is their only song I like.  And that guy in it sounds like Count Chocula.  :P

3. Duran Duran - These guys sound bad and sing about nothing but sex.  I can't stand them, they're so corny it's not funny. Why does everyone say they're so great?

4. Men At Work - These guys are so boring!  Listening to them is like being "at work"!

Subject: Re: New Wave Acts You Don't Like

Written By: woops on 02/13/05 at 9:14 pm

Only one that I know of...Taco, known for his cover of "Puttin' On The Ritz"  :P

3. Duran Duran - These guys sound bad and sing about nothing but sex. I can't stand them, they're so corny it's not funny. Why does everyone say they're so great?

What's wrong about singing about sex? Hair bands, rappers, and most pop singers sing about it. Wht not Duran Duran?

I think it's the fact their songs are catchy and known to make great videos, IMO.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 9:15 pm

Only one that I know of...Taco, known for his cover of "Puttin' On The Ritz" :P

What's wrong about singing about sex? Hair bands, rappers, and most pop singers sing about it. Wht not Duran Duran?

I think it's the fact their songs are catchy and known to make great videos, IMO.

I guess it's not the sex talk ... they just have bad synths!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/13/05 at 10:06 pm

I'll start.

1. The Cars - These guys switch between synth-pop done wrong and Rock and Roll which is outdated by about 8 years.  What an embarassment.  :P

2. The B-52s - While they're sometimes fun they're so obnoxious and are so campy that any fun I get out of listening to "Love Shack" is instantly destroyed.  "Roam" is their only song I like.  And that guy in it sounds like Count Chocula.  :P

3. Duran Duran - These guys sound bad and sing about nothing but sex.  I can't stand them, they're so corny it's not funny. Why does everyone say they're so great?

4. Men At Work - These guys are so boring!  Listening to them is like being "at work"!

I like bands 1, 3, and 4....  ::)  ;D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 10:48 pm

I like bands 1, 3, and 4.... ::) ;D

Yes the 52s are the worst.  At least Duran Duran were okay and the Cars had class. Also Men at Work weren't bad, they were just Snoresville!

Written By: jackas on 02/13/05 at 11:58 pm

I like bands 1, 3, and 4....  ::)  ;D

I totally agree.

Check for new replies or respond here...