inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do The B-52s Suck?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/15/05 at 4:55 pm

I vote NO!! Their only song I like is "Roam".

Subject: Re: Do The B-52s Suck?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/15/05 at 4:57 pm

Oops! I vote YES!!!!!!! THEY DO SUCK!!!!!!!!!  I didn't mean "NO!" they don't. B-52s are a cornball act.

Written By: woops on 02/15/05 at 4:59 pm

They're OK

IMO, most of their songs are either hit or miss. Though I'll admit that I like "Rock Lobster", "Private Idaho", "Roam", and "Strobe Light".

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/15/05 at 5:22 pm

i never liked them, they were too bubbly.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/15/05 at 7:40 pm

No! They were cool! I loved "Roam" and "The Deadbeat Club".

Tanya

Written By: bendergoonie1988 on 02/15/05 at 7:53 pm

omg. how can you say that? the b52's rock! they're the best! and i totally agree w/tanya in that deadbeat song is the greatest. as well as follow your bliss and wig and love shack and rock lobster and all the others. you people just don't get it.

>:(

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/15/05 at 7:55 pm

omg. how can you say that? the b52's rock! they're the best! and i totally agree w/tanya in that deadbeat song is the greatest. as well as follow your bliss and wig and love shack and rock lobster and all the others. you people just don't get it.

>:(

Sorry Bendergoonie88 :(  If it makes you any happier I like most of the bigger New Wave acts. :)

Come join us!  You've been around for months, become a Penguin :)

Written By: jackas on 02/15/05 at 8:01 pm

Oops! I vote YES!!!!!!! THEY DO SUCK!!!!!!!!!  I didn't mean "NO!" they don't. B-52s are a cornball act.

LOL ;D  I agree 100%.  Well maybe 98%, I like Rock Lobster. 

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/15/05 at 8:19 pm

once, on acid, my roommate locked me in the closet and blared 'rock lobster' at the door. i can't look at a picture of a B-52 bomber and not think of lobsters crawling from the darkness.  >:(

Written By: jackas on 02/15/05 at 8:30 pm

once, on acid, my roommate locked me in the closet and blared 'rock lobster' at the door. i can't look at a picture of a B-52 bomber and not think of lobsters crawling from the darkness.  >:(

LOL  What a mean thing to do.  Is he aware of your Rock Lobster pain?  It reminds me of frat parties of course this was back in 92.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/15/05 at 8:40 pm

he knows. we did mean things to each other all the time and we're still best friends.

Written By: jackas on 02/15/05 at 8:47 pm

he knows. we did mean things to each other all the time and we're still best friends.

That's what best friends are all about, right?  When I read your post I got an image in my head of some guy standing outside a closet cracking up with the speaker right against the door.  I'm cracking up right now, but I know that wasn't funny for you at the time.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/15/05 at 8:49 pm

actually, it was, from what i remembered anyway... ;D

Written By: jackas on 02/15/05 at 9:04 pm

Oh, so it's not a bad memory, that's good.  I don't feel so bad for laughing about it then.  ;D

Written By: bendergoonie1987 on 02/16/05 at 8:33 am

Sorry Bendergoonie88 :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/05 at 9:09 am

I always like the B52s. I always thought they were funny. I remember trying to convince this girl in school that there really was a song called "Rock Lobster." I wonder if she has ever heard it yet.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/16/05 at 9:23 am

They are ok.  A bit too cheesy for my taste!  ::)  ;D  All though Roam and Love Shack are good songs.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/16/05 at 9:46 am

I like them but I wouldnt buy the cd or anything.  I can jam to Love Shack  :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/16/05 at 11:53 am

thanks for the invite! and i'm sorry i got so hyped up about the B52's, my friend just grew up w/them and she passsed the obsession on to me. ?:)

i'm trying to become a member but i'm not getting the registration email.. it never comes!  and now i can't go as 1988 because i reserved the name?:\'(
any advice?

ChuckyG, our illustrious leader, has the solution. go here...http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,41.0.html  that might help you.

Written By: joedeertae on 02/16/05 at 1:09 pm

No... no don't say that... they don't suck :-\\ they rock! :D
I like the B52's.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 4:18 pm

thanks for the invite! and i'm sorry i got so hyped up about the B52's, my friend just grew up w/them and she passsed the obsession on to me. ?:)

i'm trying to become a member but i'm not getting the registration email.. it never comes! and now i can't go as 1988 because i reserved the name?:\'(
any advice?

Uh, send a different email address of yours (assuming you have one) and open the email.  It will tell you what to do. 

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 5:30 pm

i'm trying to become a member but i'm not getting the registration email.. it never comes! and now i can't go as 1988 because i reserved the name?:\'(
any advice?

The B52s thing is forgiven. :)  No big.  Uh did you try what I told you to do?  If you don't have another email address contact Chucky.  He'll know what to do. :)

-FHF  ;)

Written By: jaytee on 02/16/05 at 6:29 pm

No way!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/16/05 at 9:06 pm

Since you asked...I n my opinion, they suck! I do however apologize to those who like them...it's nothing personal :)

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/16/05 at 9:13 pm

Songs I know well and like:

Love Shack
Roam
Good Stuff

I'm sure there are more, but I definitely don't think they suck.

Written By: Mare on 02/16/05 at 9:49 pm

Have always been a fan. Used to dress up in a Bee Hive and do the
Rock Lobster at school dances...well ok maybe i was the only one dancing.  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/16/05 at 9:59 pm

thanks for the invite! and i'm sorry i got so hyped up about the B52's, my friend just grew up w/them and she passsed the obsession on to me. �:)

i'm trying to become a member but i'm not getting the registration email.. it never comes!  and now i can't go as 1988 because i reserved the name�:\'(
any advice?

aol and yahoo accounts tend to lump the confirmation email in their junk filters.  Not sure why, wish their support people would let me know why I'm on their bad list.  If you can't find it in your junk filter, send me an email at chuck@worcestermass.com and tell me the account name and I'll enable it for you.

and for the record, the B-52's most definitely do not suck.  John Lennon helped discover them, and they were a member of the CBGB's scene.  Fun party music, not meant to be taken overly serious.  If you only know the songs from their Cosmic Thing album (Roam, Deadbeats Club, Love Shack), you don't know the best B-52's music. 

Plus you gotta love a group, who had a member record a solo effort with a song featuring lyrics like "There's a monster in my pants, and it does a nasty dance!"

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 11:15 pm

aol and yahoo accounts tend to lump the confirmation email in their junk filters. Not sure why, wish their support people would let me know why I'm on their bad list. If you can't find it in your junk filter, send me an email at chuck@worcestermass.com and tell me the account name and I'll enable it for you.

and for the record, the B-52's most definitely do not suck. John Lennon helped discover them, and they were a member of the CBGB's scene. Fun party music, not meant to be taken overly serious. If you only know the songs from their Cosmic Thing album (Roam, Deadbeats Club, Love Shack), you don't know the best B-52's music.

Plus you gotta love a group, who had a member record a solo effort with a song featuring lyrics like "There's a monster in my pants, and it does a nasty dance!"

Sorry God.  They're just to campy, even for me  ;D

Written By: Skippy on 02/16/05 at 11:38 pm

For some reason, yes I do like them. Their music is original. For a band that started out by playing in an Athens, GA college night club they ain't bad.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/17/05 at 12:50 am

... Their music is original...

You said it!  ;) 

Yep, these days original music is rare...

Written By: joedeertae on 02/17/05 at 10:25 am

... these days original music is rare...

Ain't that the truth!

Written By: bendergoonie1987 on 02/17/05 at 7:27 pm

no kidding, original music is hard to come by nowadays....
thanks for the advice on becoming a member, i'll try some of what you all said.
;D

Written By: Skippy on 02/20/05 at 1:39 am

Just watched them on NBC's "Up all night", a January 1980 edition of SNL. They performed "Rock Lobster" and sounded good to me. You know what else? No "Lip Sync" ala Jessica Simpson. ;D

Subject: Do The B-52s Suck?

Written By: Dude111 on 02/18/18 at 7:50 am

Your poll sucks.... You can only no or THEY ARE OK!!

Yes they suck!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...