inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need Help Figuring Out TV Show

Written By: GeekGirl on 02/16/05 at 1:09 am

Okay, my husband laughed when I described this to him, but it's driving me nuts.

There was a show on PBS back in the 80's, at least, that had a mini-show on it where a girl goes down into a subway station and gets trapped. In order to leave, each episode she had to obtain silverware, like a giant spoon or fork, and then a train would appear that she could ride to her next "adventure". I  remember it being held on a dark set and there was lots of fog/smoke on the floor, making it appear she was almost in another dimension.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and does anyone know what show this mini-show appeared on?

Subject: Re: Need Help Figuring Out TV Show

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 1:15 am

Okay, my husband laughed when I described this to him, but it's driving me nuts.

There was a show on PBS back in the 80's, at least, that had a mini-show on it where a girl goes down into a subway station and gets trapped. In order to leave, each episode she had to obtain silverware, like a giant spoon or fork, and then a train would appear that she could ride to her next "adventure". I remember it being held on a dark set and there was lots of fog/smoke on the floor, making it appear she was almost in another dimension.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and does anyone know what show this mini-show appeared on?

Sorry can't help :(  But welcome to the boards, GeekGirl :)

Written By: joedeertae on 02/16/05 at 6:36 am

Was this show animated?

Written By: GeekGirl on 02/16/05 at 10:51 am

Was this show animated?

No, I think that's why it's stuck in my head for so long...it was quite a bizzare premise. I seem to remember that her adventures underground had to do with the theme of the show for that day, like how Sesame Street skits would all feature the same letter or number. And the show I believe was for an older children's audience, maybe the 8-10 year old range?

Written By: lorac614 on 02/16/05 at 3:59 pm

Could it be "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego"??

Here's a discription from IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106172/

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 02/16/05 at 4:01 pm

Square One?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/16/05 at 5:17 pm

Square One?

Square One was a more of a math based show, then anything. One sketch was a spoof of Dragnet called.... Mathnet.  ::)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...