inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Garbage Pail Kids

Written By: Punk Daddy on 02/17/05 at 11:52 pm

Did anyone collect these as a kid? I collected them as a kid and had complete sets of series 3,4, and 5. But then they got a little more stupid and I grew out of them. Lost the collection, and have nothing. My oldest was number 26 I think.

Does anyone still have them?

Subject: Re: Garbage Pail Kids

Written By: krakboi on 02/18/05 at 12:36 am

I had a bunch when I was a kid.  I loved them.

About three years ago I remembered how great they were, so I started collecting them again.  I ended up collection all of them (I think 15 series in all). 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/18/05 at 10:17 am

Don't have them, but do remember them !!!!  ::)  ;D

What about that bad movie about them... "Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie"?  ::)  ;D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/18/05 at 10:52 am

I still have some of mine, maybe 20 or so  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/18/05 at 2:21 pm

I still have my GBK collectors cards from 19 years ago.could be worth money someday.

HOWARD

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 6:56 pm

I have a ton of them that I bought off of someone on Ebay....unfortunately I no longer have my original ones that I had when I was a kid...my dad thought they were too gross and he pitched them!!!!  :-\\

Erin

Written By: Bobby on 03/03/05 at 4:48 am

I used to have a few of them. Some of my favourites were 'Grim Jim', ' and 'Shorned Sean' (one of the sickest images ever of a boy going too far with the razor blade).  ;D

Here's a website. Scroll down to where it says 'Virtual card collection' and you can click on the sticker packs and see the stickers in that collection - incredible!

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/9622/

Written By: Dinkadoo on 03/03/05 at 11:09 am

Are the new ones reprints or new art?
I remember going to KB toys one day and some random guy saying "Yeah, but they aren't the originals..." like I was an idiot. 

Written By: krakboi on 03/03/05 at 11:19 am

The new ones are all new.  New art, new names etc.  My brother got me a bunch for christmas last year.

Written By: Czar Matthew on 03/03/05 at 2:04 pm

Man did I ever love that movie as a kid. It didn't go over as well when I showed it at Univeristy though. As for the cards, I picked some up back in 1996 at this little Ma and Pa shop down on the French Shore in Nova Scotia. A little while back some dollar stores had GPK key chains that were pretty cool. My sister got me he baby that pukes. So many memories.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/05 at 2:23 pm

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/9622/checklist12.jpg

Well,you can use this checklist I found from the website.^

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 2:39 pm

There are 18 series out and a box of American series 1 stickers resales for $700 - $800 for a box of 48 packs of stickers, the UK boxes sell for much less, the stickers are much smaller in size, In April Topps is releasing series 19 as the 20th anniversary special, it will have all new art work and as a bonus some of the packs will have original hand drawn sketch cards by the artists as well as many prizes, there is one game card per pack. Series 16, 17 and 18 "the all new" series had bonus gold cards that were not original art but reprints from past sets. Walmart, Target and Toys "R" US gets mini boxes pre-priced at $9.99 each, these boxes are now selling for double their value on eBay because each box had a bonus sticker only found in these mini boxes, so if you see any it might be a good idea to pick them up, the Toys "R" Us mini boxes are most rare because there are not as many stores. You can read all about the stickers on Topps Garbage Pails Kids site, Oh and if you didn't guess I collect these things  ;D http://www.garbagepailkidsworld.com/

Written By: Howard on 03/03/05 at 2:43 pm

http://www.garbagepailkidsworld.com/images/fillyourbrain.jpg

That is gross.  ;D I can't believe I still have mine after 20 years. :o

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 2:52 pm

my favorite kid is Disect Ed #401a from Series #10  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/03/05 at 3:05 pm

I have so much that I don't even have a favorite at the moment. ;D

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 3:20 pm

I have so much that I don't even have a favorite at the moment. ;D

Howard
If you have SEMI COLIN from series 9 with the 355b number missing, it is an error and sells for over $400 in mint condition

Written By: krakboi on 03/03/05 at 3:46 pm

I will have to check my stuff.  I do have all the originals (not all variations though).  That Little Barfing Fannie one was classic.  I think that was from a series that was not released though. 

Written By: Howard on 03/03/05 at 4:10 pm

Dustin To Dust ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/03/05 at 4:11 pm

If you have SEMI COLIN from series 9 with the 355b number missing, it is an error and sells for over $400 in mint condition

after 19 years? really? :o

Howard

Written By: AchtungBaby on 03/03/05 at 5:56 pm

*Hmmm - must run to mom's house and see if my cards are in the attic*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/05 at 6:16 pm

I always wanted to find one with my name on it...but I never could! Does anyone ever remember one with the girls name Erin??

Erin :)

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 6:35 pm

I always wanted to find one with my name on it...but I never could! Does anyone ever remember one with the girls name Erin??

Tearin' Erin card #38b from the all new series 2 or 17th series

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 6:48 pm

after 19 years? really? :o

Howard
they even have a Howard sticker

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/05 at 7:47 pm

Tearin' Erin card #38b from the all new series 2 or 17th series

OMG you are awesome for finding that!!! I never knew they had one with my name!! Sweet!

Written By: Webstor on 03/03/05 at 9:48 pm

Wow....

I spent hours upon hours and my entire childhood fortune on GBK when I was a kid.

my fav is still from series 1....  Adam Bomb

I think I eventually peeled all the stickers off and put them on the backdoor to my bedroom.
My mother then had to sandblast them off years later when we moved....LOL

Written By: bratzdan78 on 03/03/05 at 10:03 pm

Garbage Pail Kids rule. I used to get my mom to buy them
for me at Toys R Us and at this local comic book store in Texas.
They were a big deal to me and my friends back in elementary
school. I still have a bunch of em with me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/05 at 10:16 pm

same here...I remember when we would all bring them to school and brag who had the most of them!! LOL!

Written By: krakboi on 03/04/05 at 12:33 am

Jiminy,
That freaking garbage pail kid site is hilarious.  The interactive pages are great, and so is the "create your own gpk" page.

Written By: Howard on 03/04/05 at 2:16 pm

they even have a Howard sticker

Thank You.just what I needed to look at for my birthday tomorrow. :P ::)

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/05/05 at 1:40 am

Thank You.just what I needed to look at for my birthday tomorrow. :P ::)

Howard
mine is on the 9th, we are both Pisces...they made a card of me too  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/05/05 at 7:25 am

mine is on the 9th, we are both Pisces...they made a card of me too  ;D

Oh Happy Birthday Jim.How old are you gonna be? :)
I'm 31 today. :)

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/05/05 at 12:48 pm

Oh Happy Birthday Jim.How old are you gonna be? :)
I'm 31 today. :)

Howard
39  8)

Written By: Howard on 03/05/05 at 5:21 pm

39  8)

Have a Happy Birthday,man.What's your girlfriend from Transylvainia gonna get you?

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/05/05 at 5:22 pm

I basically have the whole GPK collection from 1986 & 1987 so one day,it could be worth money.

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/06/05 at 1:18 am

Have a Happy Birthday,man.What's your girlfriend from Transylvainia gonna get you?

Howard
It will be delayed until this summer, I hope your birthday was a smashing success  ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/06/05 at 7:01 am

It will be delayed until this summer, I hope your birthday was a smashing success  ;)

I'm gonna celebrate it next week cause my parents went out with their friends last night but they didn't forget about me.I might wanna go to an Italian restaurant and nothing with a lot of people. :)

Would you happen to have the 1986 & 1987 collection of Garbage Pail Kids? ???

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/06/05 at 5:31 pm

I'm gonna celebrate it next week cause my parents went out with their friends last night but they didn't forget about me.I might wanna go to an Italian restaurant and nothing with a lot of people. :)

Would you happen to have the 1986 & 1987 collection of Garbage Pail Kids? ???

Howard
I have series 4, I think it was from 1986, I sold all the earlier stickers I had, they were not in the best condition, I'm working on getting them back, the original series 1 set is now selling for about $200, it was released in 1985

Written By: Punk Daddy on 03/06/05 at 11:45 pm

Man, I miss the GPK...i hated the movie as some of my favorite characters weren't in the movie.

I feel so bad for today's kids...they have nothing to watch on saturday mornings and nothing so cool as GPK.

Written By: krakboi on 03/07/05 at 1:54 am

They made a bunch of other cool GPK pices.  I have a set of piens, some jumbo cards, a poster, and some folders.  If you check out this old pic of my gameroom you can see a pic of the folders (on the right).  Those binders on that shelf  have my complete collection of GPKs in clear pages.  Unfortunately we have started to remodel, and tore out those old built ins.  I think my cards are packed away in a box somewhere.

http://www.krakboi.com/arcades/Everything.jpg

If that pic is small, try this link.
http://www.krakboi.com/arcades/Everything.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/07/05 at 3:59 pm

I have series 4, I think it was from 1986, I sold all the earlier stickers I had, they were not in the best condition, I'm working on getting them back, the original series 1 set is now selling for about $200, it was released in 1985

How much could I get for my Garbage Pail Kids collection from 20 years ago? ???

Howard

Written By: krakboi on 03/07/05 at 5:35 pm

Howard

It would depend on which ones you had, and the condition they are in. There are a lot of GPKs sold on Ebay, so that would be a good guage on their value.

Written By: jiminy on 03/07/05 at 7:05 pm

Howard
If you have series 1 starting from card #1 nasty nick, and they are in the same condition as they came out of the packs the set sells on eBay for at least $200, all other sets are worth much less, series #14 and #15 sell about $40 - $50 each because these sets had a lower print run and were the last sets made because Garbage Pail Kids were starting to lose their popularity in 1988, the art work for 2003s all new series #1 (series 16) was actually made in 1988 - 89 but topps didn't release this set until 2003 and now they have released 3 all new sets and series #4 (series 19) should be in stores in April as part of the 20th Anniversary

Written By: krakboi on 03/07/05 at 9:25 pm

Yikes...20 years.  I totally remember trading GPKs on the busride to school, and in the schoolyard.  Good times, that is for sure.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 4:33 pm

If you have series 1 starting from card #1 nasty nick, and they are in the same condition as they came out of the packs the set sells on eBay for at least $200, all other sets are worth much less, series #14 and #15 sell about $40 - $50 each because these sets had a lower print run and were the last sets made because Garbage Pail Kids were starting to lose their popularity in 1988, the art work for 2003s all new series #1 (series 16) was actually made in 1988 - 89 but topps didn't release this set until 2003 and now they have released 3 all new sets and series #4 (series 19) should be in stores in April as part of the 20th Anniversary

Ok,Thanks.I'll see what I have :)

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 05/02/05 at 5:56 pm

The all new series #4 is fanally in the stores, I've already made 10 sets   ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...