inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: can someone help me?!

Written By: Dimples on 02/18/05 at 9:57 pm

can someone help me please this years sadie hawkins dance its "saides goes 80's" and since i dont know anything about the 80's i have no idea what to wear! soif you can emil me or sumthin please do i need ideas! Dimpels90@aol.com...thanks!

Subject: Re: can someone help me?!

Written By: jackas on 02/18/05 at 10:59 pm

can someone help me please this years sadie hawkins dance its "saides goes 80's" and since i dont know anything about the 80's i have no idea what to wear! soif you can emil me or sumthin please do i need ideas! Dimpels90@aol.com...thanks!

Are you a girl?  I would hate to give you advice and you end up looking like the opposite sex. ;)

Written By: bendergoonie1987 on 02/19/05 at 7:01 pm

this has more clothes descriptions than you could ever imagine:

http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/index.shtml

you could also try typing "80's fashions" or "fashions of the 1980s" or something of the sort on google.
if you need more pointers, just post.
;)

Written By: Dimpels on 02/23/05 at 11:45 pm

hey thanks for the help and yes im a girl ...and if anyone else could give me any ideas id appreciate it thanks so much!:-*

Written By: bendergoonie1985 on 02/24/05 at 8:48 am

ok, now that we know your gender...

hair: BIG! tease it, fluff it, blowdry it, just make it stand out. if you have shorter hair or if it's thin you might want to crimp it also, you hcan wear side pony tails or half ponies brushed to the side with big bows, a la madonna

tops: neons, spandex, off-the-shoulder shirts, baggy shirts over tighter pants, jean jackets

bottoms: tight jeans (prefferably acid washed), mini skirts over leggings--or either by themselves, other skirts, crazy patterns

shoes: stilletos, pumps, jelly shoes, and particulary---> converse all stars (chuck taylors)

acessories: wear lots of jewlery-- big pearls, crazy colors, beads, jelly bracelets, etc.

if you still havent got the feel for it, ask your mom. even if she didn't wear all the stuff, she still was prob. around in the 80s and can help you w/that.
also, if this is more of a formal dance and you want an actual dress, hunt through the thrift stores for anything w/big sleeves. (like deb's in napoleon dynamite)

hope that help!

;)

Written By: maricela on 02/24/05 at 11:57 pm

hey really thanks for helpin me it has been a  big help cuz yeah i hve no idea what ppl wore in the 80's so thanks! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...