inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 12:56 am

Great movie.  Even though it's 1989 I remember watching it around 94 or 95 ish, when it was still relatively recent.  I like it now.  Wouldn't it and "Home Alone" make a good box set?

Subject: Re: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids

Written By: Webstor on 02/20/05 at 10:46 am

Don't know if it would make a great "Box set"

But it would make a good "2 movies for under $20 two-pack" at Best Buy

In reality they would make a Honey I shrunk the Kids Trilogy pack with all 3 movies

and the same with Home Alone..except now I think I heard their are 4 of those.....ug !

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 11:56 am

Only problem is that the both released by different companiies. One being Disney, the other 20th Century Fox.

Written By: Satish on 02/20/05 at 1:55 pm

Nah, it wasn't a good movie. I was just 11 when I saw it, but even then, I didn't like it. Just a sterile, cookie-cutter family movie.

I kind of think the message of it is that you should be closer to your neighbours. In the start, the two families live next door to each other, and they don't really talk, but they're forced to work together when the kids get shrunk.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 2:58 pm

Only problem is that the both released by different companiies. One being Disney, the other 20th Century Fox.

Didn't think of that McBain.  But the me to movies always had a similar niche.  Which one feels more 80s (Honey is 89 Home Alone is 90)?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 4:06 pm

Didn't think of that McBain.  But the me to movies always had a similar niche.  Which one feels more 80s (Honey is 89 Home Alone is 90)?

Honey I Shrunk, The Kids

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 4:09 pm

Honey I Shrunk, The Kids

Yeah, I guess part of the reason I see Home Alone as 80s is because Hughes made it.  I wasn't around but I view 1990 as being like the 80s the way 2000 is like the 90s ... the culture is there but the substance is not.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 4:18 pm

Seen Honey, I Blown Up The Baby?  In it the scientist from part 1, "accidently" makes the baby bigger. It's ok, but the first one is better.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 4:19 pm

Seen Honey, I Blown Up The Baby? In it the scientist from part 1, "accidently" makes the baby bigger. It's ok, but the first one is better.

Seen it.  The best in the series I think is "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves".  8) 

The Disney Channel Honey TV show is abominable though.  :P  They don't even have Rick Moranis!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 5:47 pm

Seen it.  The best in the series I think is "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves".   8) 

The Disney Channel Honey TV show is abominable though.  :P  They don't even have Rick Moranis!

The TV show is bleeeeh....  :P

Written By: ... on 03/10/05 at 3:34 pm

Yeah, I guess part of the reason I see Home Alone as 80s is because Hughes made it.  I wasn't around but I view 1990 as being like the 80s the way 2000 is like the 90s ... the culture is there but the substance is not.

You must be trippin'. The fact is, 1990, by definition, is the first year that we began saying ninety for the date, hence the name. Furthermore, Home Alone is a 90s movie. Period.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 3:47 pm

You must be trippin'. The fact is, 1990, by definition, is the first year that we began saying ninety for the date, hence the name. Furthermore, Home Alone is a 90s movie. Period.

Not to be rude, but is your main point here to correct my nuances?  I'd respect your two cents more if you would sign up and become a member. :)

-DR

Subject: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids

Written By: Dude111 on 02/18/18 at 8:07 am

Seen it.  The best in the series I think is "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves"

Hehe thats the only 1 I havent seen...... Blew up the kid and SHRUNK THE KIDS is pretty good though!

Check for new replies or respond here...