inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember That's Incredible?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 6:40 pm

Anyone here remember or here of That's Incredible?  For some reason, I can't help but of That's Incredible! or Real People, whenever I see Fear Factor.

The only difference, That's Incredible! and Real People, showcased people doing weird things, while on Fear Factor, people compete for cash to do weird things!

Subject: Re: Anyone remember That's Incredible?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/20/05 at 6:41 pm

i used to watch that. i still remember the episode where this ghost was caught on audio tape  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/20/05 at 8:58 pm

i used to watch that. i still remember the episode where this ghost was caught on audio tape  ;D

I remember both shows. Both had people doing eccentric things.

Tanya

Written By: jiminy on 02/20/05 at 9:23 pm

My Girlfriend does  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/21/05 at 12:55 am

LOVED it!(Real People as well) 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/05 at 2:22 am

That's Incredible
"Isn't our show just totally g*y!
--Skip

Written By: NbC on 02/21/05 at 3:10 am

I loved that show! 

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/06 at 12:33 am

I liked That's Incredible more in the late 80s when they brought it back as "Incredible Sunday" 8)

Written By: holicman on 08/14/06 at 8:42 am

I remember that programme :)

The dude who hosted it had a mullet and one of the Gold sisters (missy or Tracey) used to host on it too :)

Tracey Gold was hot :)

I cant remember the other woman who also hosted it though............. I enjoyed the show though :)

Written By: KKay on 08/14/06 at 8:50 am

I loved it...wasn't it on after Real People?

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/14/06 at 10:17 am

I remember the shows and I think they were on the same night. Fear Factor is somewhat different from the other programs. Fear Factor I think generates ratings by showing hot young men and women doing things they actually both enjoy and are scared of at the same time. I know a few guys whop watch because they said watching women get scared and sick after doing crazy stunts or eating bugs  actually turns them on. I think Fear Factor is one of the silliest most unncessary shows on TV (but I think that is true of all modern reality TV).

Written By: Tia on 08/14/06 at 11:27 am

reality t.v. is frightening. party because of the surveillance thing, partly because of the fact that they do things to the contestants that could be called torture (on "scare tactics" they essentially either torture people or pretend to; if what they're doing is genuine -- i think a lot of reality t.v. is a puton -- then a lot of what they do amounts to mock execution, which is definitely a form of psychological torture) and a part is, yes, the whole schadenfreude aspect of it. it's an unfortunate aspect of human nature that people tend to take pleasure from the misfortunes of others. and mine too -- i've definitely gone on binges of watching cops or scare tactcs before. it's the watching-a-train-wreck thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

ANYway, who were the hosts of real people and that's incredible? i remember they were huge (although not universally liked) personalities at the time, but i'll be damned if i can remember now. i watched those shows pretty obsessively; i seem to remember that they were much more about outstanding accomplishment than abject suffering, the way t.v. shows are now.

Written By: Tia on 08/14/06 at 11:31 am

I remember that programme :)
Tracey Gold was hot :)
tracey gold played tia once. i thought TI was in the 70s but i guess it must have been the 80s is she was on it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/06 at 1:32 pm

That's Real Incredible People!  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/06 at 4:11 pm

I remember the show Real People.

Written By: AmandaSparks on 08/15/06 at 3:03 am

John Davidson was on one of the shows and I believe so was Cathy Lee Crosby. I can remember watching both shows and liking them. And having a cheesy crush on John Davidson.

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/06 at 7:58 pm

John Davidson was on one of the shows and I believe so was Cathy Lee Crosby. I can remember watching both shows and liking them. And having a cheesy crush on John Davidson.

John Davidson, Frank Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby were the hosts of That's Incredible.  Davidson returned as co-host for Incredible Sunday, with Christina Ferrare as the other host

Written By: Tia on 08/15/06 at 8:02 pm

John Davidson, Frank Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby were the hosts of That's Incredible.  Davidson returned as co-host for Incredible Sunday, with Christina Ferrare as the other host
incredible sunday was the one with tracey gold, aka The Lesser Tia, on it.

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/06 at 8:12 pm

incredible sunday was the one with tracey gold, aka The Lesser Tia, on it.

ohh yeah i forgot she was on that as well.  She should stick to Growing Pains ;D

Written By: AmandaSparks on 08/15/06 at 9:38 pm

ohh yeah i forgot she was on that as well.  She should stick to Growing Pains ;D

Yeah, but in her case they were shrinking pains.

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 08/16/06 at 12:17 am

reality t.v. is frightening. party because of the surveillance thing, partly because of the fact that they do things to the contestants that could be called torture (on "scare tactics" they essentially either torture people or pretend to; if what they're doing is genuine -- i think a lot of reality t.v. is a puton -- then a lot of what they do amounts to mock execution, which is definitely a form of psychological torture) and a part is, yes, the whole schadenfreude aspect of it. it's an unfortunate aspect of human nature that people tend to take pleasure from the misfortunes of others. and mine too -- i've definitely gone on binges of watching cops or scare tactcs before. it's the watching-a-train-wreck thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

ANYway, who were the hosts of real people and that's incredible? i remember they were huge (although not universally liked) personalities at the time, but i'll be damned if i can remember now. i watched those shows pretty obsessively; i seem to remember that they were much more about outstanding accomplishment than abject suffering, the way t.v. shows are now.

I remember the cast of Real People being Sarah Purcell, Skip Stephenson, Byron Allen, and I believe another guy named Rich Hall with his "Sniglets" segment, but maybe I'm getting that confused with another show.  I also seem to recall some guy who is still around and fairly well-known doing a political commentary, but can't remember his name.

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 08/16/06 at 12:35 am

i remember that show! gosh it's been sooo long! i remember when they did the ghost stuff and it would scare the beejeezus outta me! (like the one about the toys r us) good show though..wished it came back on the air

Check for new replies or respond here...