inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WANTED: Vintage vending machine numbered wheel toy (1980's)

Written By: Audrey* on 02/21/05 at 2:04 am

I couldn't begin to think of what to call the toy I am looking for, the best I can do is describe it:

If my memory serves, as a child (late 70's - early 80's)  I would get it out of the vending machines they place by the doors of grocery stores.

It was about 1 1/2" tall by maybe 1" wide square plastic rectangular-ish box shape. It remember the backing was red (although it might have come in various colors) and the front cover was clear. Inside it had a wheel that was separated into "slices" and each slice had a different number of dots, like dice. There was a "trigger" that you depressed at the top that would spin the wheel around. When the wheel would come to a stop, one of the slices would be lined up at the top to show through a little notched "window". It was sort of like a guessing game toy. You would spin it and see what number would come up.

I have been trying to find this toy for many years but have had no luck without knowing what it is called or what type of toy it would be considered.

***Any*** information would be greatly appreciated at this point!

Check for new replies or respond here...