inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: boy george

Written By: bendergoonie1985 on 02/21/05 at 10:43 pm

so i was sifting through the records at a thrift store today w/my mom and i decided to buy a culture club one just for the sake of having it, and we were curious... whatever happened to boy george?  8)

Subject: Re: boy george

Written By: Webstor on 02/21/05 at 10:55 pm

He continued to put out albums until the late 80's.

He then went though the typical drug problem, drug rehab stage....

Is still around now...I think he was the center character of a Broadway musical written by Rosie O'Donnell a few yrs ago.....

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/21/05 at 10:57 pm

He djs from time to time also. I saw a dj show of his a couple of years ago. It was cool.

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 12:48 am

Well, he looks weirder now than he did in the eighties.  I can't believe that's even possible.

At least, from what I've heard, he didn't become a jerk.

Written By: bendergoonie1985 on 02/22/05 at 8:32 am

Well, he looks weirder now than he did in the eighties.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/05 at 4:41 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/entertainment/clubbing/images/boygeorge/boy_george_close2.jpg

Howard

Written By: McDonald on 02/22/05 at 5:25 pm

He's actually quite a successful DJ in Europe. I was amazed when I heard, and I am actually glad for it. Culture Club were awesome.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 02/26/05 at 6:13 am

Culture Club reunited in 1998, to make the album, "Don't Mind If I Do...", which I think is their personal best. They went on toa sucessful tour circa 2000. Boy George actually wrote the music for the musical, "Taboo", as well as playing the part of his late friend, Leigh Bowery. It was very sucessful as a West End musical, less so on Broadway, though it did win a Tony award for "best original score." George released "U Can Never B 2 Straight" in 2002, a mixure of new tracks and accousitc versions of songs from previous albums. A wonderul Culture Club boxed set was released the same year, featuring most of their hits, remixes, demos and some new songs. Obviously, I'm a HUGE fan!
Cheers,
Dee  :-*

Written By: pers_chan on 07/03/05 at 11:11 pm

Is it true Culture Club's releasing an album called "Electro-Pop Collection" this very year?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/03/05 at 11:22 pm

I have always loved Culture Club's music....I listen to it frequently.

Erin :)

Written By: Carrie on 07/04/05 at 2:48 am

I have seen him on TV quite a bit... he was on VH1's I Love the 80's as well.

Written By: robby76 on 07/04/05 at 7:49 am

He DJ'ed one night at this club I used to go to religiously in the NorthWest. He now wears excessive black face paint to hide his double chin and to define his jawline. The pic above is quite old methinks.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/05 at 10:49 am

http://www.veryboygeorge.com/images/Home_Collage_Boy_08.gif

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 07/04/05 at 4:18 pm

Is it true Culture Club's releasing an album called "Electro-Pop Collection" this very year?

You know, I haven't heard anything about this -but then I've been a bit slack about keeping up with news and goss of late.
Saw Boy George on a TV special all about the making of Band Aid. He has put on so much weight, which is a shame, cos he was looking good for a while, after following a macrobiotic regime. I was most dissappointed that his musical Taboo never made it to Australia. At the time of it's debut in the west end, I virtually lived on the Culture Club messageboards and chatrooms. I was soooo envious of the UK fans, some of whom were attending every show and even got a commendation from the Boy himself. I sent him 100 red roses for opening night, not sure if he got them.  :D

Written By: Gis on 07/05/05 at 9:14 am

I saw the musical Taboo last year it was fantastic.
Boy George has recently brought out a new book I saw him being interviewed in T.V plugging it.He has also designed his own clothing range.Mostly he just D.J's in the U.K these days.

Check for new replies or respond here...