inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: help me with da 80's plz?

Written By: brittnie on 02/22/05 at 6:14 pm

hmmm.. well thganku for reading this in the first place... ok hereis the dealio . tomorro at my school we r having 80's day .so bascially i need specific and very described ideahs for a recognizable, yet cheap ,outfit. by the way i am a girl so im looking for girly 80's ideahs. thanks much!!!!!! :D

Subject: Re: help me with da 80's plz?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/23/05 at 1:01 am

To find what an 80s girl wears rent "Valley Girl" or "Flashdance". I've heard those movies have good styles.

But if you don't want to here's something you can slap together:

Tease your hair with hairspray, especially the bangs

Wear some jelly shoes

A pink t-shirt

Ripped blue jeans

BTW what year were you born? I'm guessing the late 80s.  I'm Jan 1990 so ALMOST an eighties baby!

-FHF  8)

Written By: Triviamom on 02/23/05 at 12:24 pm

You can wear a black bra under a white tank top, letting the staps hang out, or a pair of leggings under a miniskirt. A jean jacket with tons of band buttons and pins on it would look good, too. Wear one oversized, dangly earring (preferably a star or heart) , or a hoop with a key on it. Stretch jeans with zippers at the ankles, but they have to be sandblasted or bleached. A man's button-up shirt with a wide belt would do also. A bandana is a must. Tie it around your thigh or ankle. Have fun, and say  "Like, grody" a lot. ;D

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 02/23/05 at 2:21 pm

just watch an episode of "21 jump street"....or better yet "saved by the bell"....Zach Morris with his preppie clothes...pink polo shirts acutally wasnt that noticedable back then...now its like...dude u must gay to wear it or soemthin

Check for new replies or respond here...