inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How much have you changed since the '80's?

Written By: Triviamom on 02/24/05 at 9:28 pm

I ask only because I went to my 25th high school reunion and was given a nametag with my yearbook photo on it. Imagine my horror when I realized that I have basically the same haircut I had in my senior year! Now, it's not like I've been living in a timewarp for 25 years; I've had my hair short-short, permed, teased, etc... I just happen to be back to long and straight with bangs. Hopefully, my classmates thought I purposely recreated the 'do just for the reunion. ;)

So, have you changed much since the 80's, or are you still sportin' the same hair/clothes?

Subject: Re: How much have you changed since the '80's?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/24/05 at 9:31 pm

i lost most of my hair, i gained about a hundred pounds more and i lost my cool taste in apparel.

Written By: RojoP on 02/24/05 at 10:31 pm

Still have most of my hair and have gained only about 15 pounds.  I don't wear the parachute pants or the "breakdance" pants (white with zippers that went all the way down each pant leg side that exposed black when zipped down) anymore.  Well, not in public that is. lol
I was going through my garage the other day and came across an old felt tip hat, kind of like an old gangster hat from the 20's.  I used to wear that everywhere and thought I was sooo cool too.  How funny.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/05 at 11:18 pm

I'm older....  ::)  ;D

Written By: nally on 02/24/05 at 11:38 pm

Well...in the 80s I was a little kid...so I've gotten taller (and older)...and I know a lot more now than I did then. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/05 at 9:26 am

My hair is thinning
I lost my buck teeth,now I have somewhat straight ones.
I hardly talk with a lisp
My hair is lighter
I somewhat lost some weight even though you can see it through my shirt,it's visible. ;D
I've grown taller.I was about 5 feet tall now I am about 5'11 and taller than my Mother and Father.I was such a little tyke 20 years ago.It's hard to imagine ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 02/25/05 at 9:29 am

I'm older....  ::)  ;D

me and you both jamie. ;D

Howard

Written By: nally on 02/25/05 at 10:52 am

Oh, I forgot to mention...when I was little I had "baby" teeth, and the new teeth growing in were crooked; now they're all straight (during the 90's I wore braces).

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/25/05 at 12:06 pm

I haven't changed at all.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 02/26/05 at 6:58 am

In the 80s, I was a complete dag, who wanted more than anything to fit in, to be cool. Now, I'm probably still a dag, not that it worries me one little bit! I celebrate my individuality and I recon that's pretty cool, even if nobody else does! In the 80s, I fantisized about doing everything my parents told me not to do. Now I pretty much do everything my parents told me not to do, but for my own reasons. I guess you could say I've had a bit of self realisation in the past 25 years. ;)
Cheers,
Dee  :-*

Written By: OliverDK on 02/26/05 at 8:36 am

I've grown a beard since then and I've grown maybe a foot and 80lb, I still have my long hair and still wear bikerjacket with denim west, tanktops and cowbowboots, I still listen to Whitesnake, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi on vinyl, not much have changed, other than the world around me.

Written By: Mona on 02/26/05 at 10:56 am

Other than the weight I've gained, I'd say I've gained a lot of self confidence.  I don't worry so much about what other people think of me and stand up for myself more. I like Barry Manilow and Dr. Hook, so there.  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/26/05 at 11:05 am

My glasses have changed (They are my fourth pair overall), my hair is more of a browih blonde, and I have gained some weight.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/05 at 1:10 pm

I've been going out more often that I used to,I can advocate for myself,I've been doing more traveling.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...