inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TGIF--first year?

Written By: Chris Fulmer on 02/25/05 at 3:09 pm

Anyone know what year it was when ABC began formally referring to their Friday night lineup as TGIF?  It seemed pretty locked on by 1989. 

Subject: Re: TGIF--first year?

Written By: Webstor on 02/25/05 at 4:24 pm

can't remember the year...

but i think they were still showing shows like Perfect Strangers, Head of the Class,Full House, etc when it finally did become TGIF

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/25/05 at 7:03 pm

I think it started in 1988, and ended the year that Sabrina The Teenage Witch left ABC.

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/26/05 at 5:53 am

I think it started in 1988, and ended the year that Sabrina The Teenage Witch left ABC.

There's no more TGIF?? what goes on on ABC Friday's?

Written By: Howard on 02/26/05 at 1:14 pm

There's no more TGIF?? what goes on on ABC Friday's?

I believe there is a TGIF ABC.somewhere. ???

Howard

Written By: nally on 02/27/05 at 12:36 am

I believe there is a TGIF ABC.somewhere. ???

Howard

I think they brought it back a year or so ago, as "the New TGIF," with shows like "Hope and Faith" and "George Lopez." :-\\ Anyway, I do remember the "old" tgif; the shows on at that time were better than the ones you'd find on the "new" tgif.

Written By: george78 on 02/28/05 at 9:27 am

Wow, I think TGIF did start around '88. I remember when it was Full House, Mr. Belvedere and my favorite show, JUST THE TEN OF US!!!

Written By: 90s boy on 02/28/05 at 9:32 am

i wold agree wit u and that show left for the WB network and lasted till 2003 wheni wached TGIF it was Famley Matters Boy Meets World Sabrina The Teenage Witch Clueless and Step By Step

Check for new replies or respond here...