inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiffany Or Debbie Gibson

Written By: 90s boy on 02/26/05 at 10:43 am

lol i was born when they bouth on top bouth came out in 1987 had had there upbeat hits such as Shake Your Love Only In My Drames I Think Were Alone Now I Saw Him Standing There in 1987 1988 there love/ brake up songs go to no 1 Could Have been All This Time Out Of The Blue wich was in the top 10 the day i was born and foolsh beet so i can't chouse lol

Subject: Re: Tiffany Or Debbie Gibson

Written By: Mona on 02/26/05 at 10:44 am

Debbie Gibson-- who the heck is Tiffany?  ::)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/26/05 at 1:00 pm

I liked them both back them so I cant choose between them.  I was in like 7th grade or so.  :)

Written By: woops on 02/26/05 at 3:20 pm

http://www.pophotties.com/Debbie%20Gibson/images/Debbie_Gibson-6.jpg

Who do ya expect.  ;)  :-*  :D  8)

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 6:07 pm

Debbie/Deborah  ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/26/05 at 6:15 pm

deb. not much a fan of either though.

-FHF  ;)

Written By: 90s boy on 02/27/05 at 3:46 am

hmm i'dd have to go wit Debbie/Deborah Gibson Casue Out Of The Blule was in the top 10 the day i was born back in 1988 and she worght her songs

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/27/05 at 6:16 pm

don't care for either's music but debbie gibson is fapaliscious.

Written By: woops on 02/27/05 at 7:20 pm

Tiffany was Deb's  rival

Think Hillary Duff vs. Lindasy Lohan, but Deborah (Debbie) Gibson had talent and Tiffany...well you get the picture.   ;)  :D   ::)   :P

Except both Lohan & Duff are awful actress & can't sing whatsoever & Deb wrote/produced her own material, played musical instruments, and had a fair decent voice with songs like "Only In My Dreams" & "Lost In Your Eyes". Still puts out great music now.    8)

Though I like Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now"  :)

Written By: Dave Brown on 02/28/05 at 3:43 am

Debbie Gibson. She was gorgeous. Nowadays you've got Britney Spears. When she released "Baby One More Time", I knew straight away that she was the new Debbie Gibson.

Written By: 90s boy on 02/28/05 at 8:05 am

in the 80's u had Debbie Gibson VS Tiffany

in the 90's Britany Vs Christna Vs Mandy Vs Jessca LOL

Written By: george78 on 02/28/05 at 9:13 am

Of course it's gotta be Tiffany for me! Although Debbie does kick ass too!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 11:54 am

THIS is one fine looking lady...with talent!

Written By: woops on 02/28/05 at 3:11 pm

in the 80's u had Debbie Gibson VS Tiffany

in the 90's Britany Vs Christna Vs Mandy Vs Jessca LOL

I'm a '90's teen, and I liked Debbie out of those "current" teen queens...  :) 

Thanks for my relatives that tortured me with MTV in the '80's/early '90's when I wanted to watch cartoons...  ::)  :D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/28/05 at 4:13 pm

Debbie Gibson

Howard

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 4:17 pm

Debbie is talented but I'm not into beboppish sorta stuff.  She's better than all the pop acts of the past 6 years expect maybe Mandy Moore and perhaps Beyonce.

Written By: woops on 06/14/07 at 6:07 pm

Ugh, a diss on Deb...

Never could get into Tiffany's music since her voice sounded scratchy/thin. Though I can tolerate her cover of "I Think We're Alone Now", but the original was quite mediocre. As for looks, she always appeared average looking (even 20 years ago). She looks like somebody I see at Target. BTW, I'm no Orlando Bloom myself.
http://www.deb.org/ftp/pictures/out_of_the_blue/deb8.gif
http://www.deb.org/ftp/pictures/concert/c8591g.gif
http://www.deb.org/ftp/pictures/calendar/1999/dgcal9902.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 06/14/07 at 8:17 pm

I liked Tiffany better.  Debbie was good, but I liked more Tiffany songs than I did Debbie

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/14/07 at 9:58 pm

Honest truth, neither but if you held a gun to my head, I'd pick Deb because at least she wrote her own stuff.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/15/07 at 3:57 am

I never really cared for either one of them.

Written By: airsupplyairhead on 06/15/07 at 10:47 am

I like Debbie Gibson better.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/15/07 at 12:04 pm

Debbie, though I really did love "All This Time" by Tiffany.

Written By: leopren on 07/05/07 at 2:03 pm

Debbie is the greatest!!!!!.....

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/06/07 at 6:13 am

Both

Written By: Brian06 on 07/07/07 at 11:34 pm

Neither are that good honestly, I prefer Christina Aguilera or Beyonce.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/07 at 11:40 pm

Who had the nicer Playboy spread?

Written By: whistledog on 07/07/07 at 11:49 pm

Who had the nicer Playboy spread?

Tiffany did.  Debbie had a little sag action going on there lol

Written By: woops on 07/08/07 at 12:24 am

Tiffany looks like somebody I'd see at Target and even looked average back in her day. Not much of bad thing since I'm no GQ model myself.

Deborah looks great for her age  8)

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/21/07 at 3:53 pm

I'm going to keep it real, but I like Debbie Gibson better.  Even though I was into RnB and hip hop back in the late 80s, I did listen to a little bit of pop.  I didn't have cable until 1987, the exact year that Debbie and Tiffany came out.  Debbie reminded me a lot like Olvia Newton-John visually and vocally.  She can sing better than Tiffany.  She writes her own songs, and she's more stabled than Tiffany.  Did ya'll see Behind The Music about Tiffany?  Tiffany had some serious issues. It seems to me that Debbie had a better home life than Tiffany.  Debbie Gibson all the way!!!!!  REAL TALK!!!! 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/07 at 4:04 pm

Tiffany looks like somebody I'd see at Target and even looked average back in her day. Not much of bad thing since I'm no GQ model myself.

Deborah looks great for her age  8)

Erhmm, what's up with people that shop at Target?  ;D I shop at Target all the time

Written By: woops on 11/21/07 at 4:24 pm

I also shop at Target.

Not intended as an insult or anything.

Anybody interested: here's an interview from some months ago, which she talks about her music, theatre, Playboy, and why she went from "Debbie" to "Deborah" (which she never liked to be called  "Debbie" as a teen)

First discovered Deb around 1997 watching one of those '80's themed video marathons on MTV ("Authentic Reproduction"), which I remember a "Club MTV" performance of "Only In My Dreams". Also "Shake Your Love" on a show VH1 had for a few months featuring dance pop videos.

I was getting into pop & new wave music from the '80's, though mostly into some "post grunge" bands like Beck & Green Day.

Though got into her later stuff in 1999 when I found one of her later albums and also started listening to her early albums since I was only familiar with a few hits from "Out of the Blue" and "Lost In Your Eyes" song, which made me realize how great she really is as a singer/songwriter even at a young age at the time. Her later albums are also great...though should've gotten the recognition they deserve..

Especially in ballads, which I find her voice very soothing/appealing to listen to. Her upbeat songs are great too. Also enjoyed "Colored Lights" despite that I'm not into musical theatre.

Besides being talented, she always had a kind face, down to earth personality (from what I read/fan stories, though wouldn't want to meet her or any celebrity since it could be a letdown) and class unlike several pop singers from recent times.

Not to mention of the best and underrated pop singer/songwriters of the last 20 years

Written By: johnny5alive on 11/22/07 at 12:51 am

ok its time i put my two cents in here, debbie gibson wrote her songs!  and sang them very well,  tiffeny sang only covers not nearly as well as debbies vocie!  there thats all i have to say!

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 12/01/07 at 2:27 pm

before i bought Tiffany's first two albums, i would have defintely said Deborah. i started listening to and enjoying Deborah quite a while before i became more familiar with Tiffany beyond her two #1's. i wasn't impressed by the fact that Tiffany's most well known song was a cover, and that she didn't write her own music. but once i heard more of her music, i came to like her just as much as Debbie. i actually like Tiffany's voice much better than Deborah's, but Deborah has the song writing and producing credits over Tiffany.

but i actually like Samantha Fox, who i consider to be one of thier 80's peers, even better than either of them.

Check for new replies or respond here...