inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mama's Family....awesome show??

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/27/05 at 8:25 pm

So who out there loves the show, "Mama's Family" as much as I do??? I keep waiting for them to release the episodes on DVD...but so far they haven't. There's something about that simple down home redneck theme to the show that makes me want to up and move to "Raytown". I used to have the most massive crush on "Bubba"...LOL!!

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Mama's Family....awesome show??

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/27/05 at 10:02 pm

I did love that show!

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/27/05 at 10:59 pm

Ummmm..... at the risk of getting flammed, I hate that show alot!  ::)

Written By: 90s boy on 02/28/05 at 8:07 am

it was good i wached reruns how long did it last i think it started in 1982

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/05 at 10:21 am

I think it went until the end of the 80's or so...but I could be wrong. All I know is that it ROCKED!!!

Erin  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 11:38 am

January 22, 1983 - September 1990
NBC & Syndicated Situation Comedy
130 Episodes

Here's a link that all of you might enjoy ;)

http://www.timvp.com/tv.html

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/05 at 2:48 pm

Thanks for the COOL link!!

Erin  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/05 at 3:58 pm

hey...those of you who love Mama's Family...please go to www.tvshowsondvd.com and vote for it to come to dvd. It's free to register and it will totally help out the more people that vote!!!!!

Thanks!
Erin  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/05 at 4:06 pm

Wow It started in 1983.I never even knew it was even that old.But,I always used to like Mama and the way she always talked to her late husband from the bathroom. ;D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/05 at 9:02 pm

Yes....Mama was hilarious!!! I didn't discover the show until it was already taken off of the air....then I started watching the reruns. I really hope that they bring the episodes to dvd...that would ROCK!!!!!

Erin  :D

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/06 at 8:09 pm

January 22, 1983 - September 1990
NBC & Syndicated Situation Comedy
130 Episodes

Here's a link that all of you might enjoy ;)

http://www.timvp.com/tv.html

In 1984, at the end of the second season, NBC decided to cancel Mama's Family.  In what would have been the third season (1984-1985), it ran in re-runs, until it was picked up for syndication where it ran for an additional 4 seasons (1986-1990)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/30/06 at 10:19 pm

wow...I forgot all about starting this thread...I usually just post in the other one! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/06 at 10:34 pm

wow...I forgot all about starting this thread...I usually just post in the other one! ;)

I was looking for old topics that I could post in.  I wasn't going to recycle this one, yet I thought i had to correct Mark's information about the time span of the show :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/20/06 at 12:08 pm

Great news for Mama's Family fans!!! They are FINALLY bringing the episodes to DVD. Season 1 will be out this September. Read all about it and tell all of your friends!!! ;)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5883

Written By: Davester on 06/20/06 at 4:48 pm

Wasn't even aware of this show 'till the early 90's (syndication?).  Started to watch it, loved it and became a regular viewer.  Besides, how can you go wrong with Vicki Lawrence?  She's a great comedienne... 

Written By: rare80s on 06/21/06 at 6:31 am

HALF OF MY CHILDHOOD WAS WATCHING MAMA'S FAMILY.

I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT ON DVD IF THEY ARE RELEASED. PROBABLY THE ONLY EPISODES AVAILABLE NOW ARE BROADCAST RECORDINGS MADE BY FANS. IF ANYONE GETS ACCESS TO ANY FAN SETS OR FUTURE RELEASES, I WOULD LOVE TO TRADE FOR OR BUY IT. I HAVE A MOSTLY '80s TRADING PAGE LOCATED HERE: http://80sfiles.blogspot.com

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/21/06 at 6:52 am

HALF OF MY CHILDHOOD WAS WATCHING MAMA'S FAMILY.

I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT ON DVD IF THEY ARE RELEASED. PROBABLY THE ONLY EPISODES AVAILABLE NOW ARE BROADCAST RECORDINGS MADE BY FANS. IF ANYONE GETS ACCESS TO ANY FAN SETS OR FUTURE RELEASES, I WOULD LOVE TO TRADE FOR OR BUY IT. I HAVE A MOSTLY '80s TRADING PAGE LOCATED HERE: http://80sfiles.blogspot.com

they are bringing season 1 on DVD out this September.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/07/06 at 12:23 am

Great news for Mama's Family fans!!! They are FINALLY bringing the episodes to DVD. Season 1 will be out this September. Read all about it and tell all of your friends!!! ;)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5883

Hey there ... Thanks for the info, I did know that the show is coming out on DVD and the Mamas Family borad I used to go to is closed down.... I cant wait to see the extras < they will be funny>

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/06 at 12:29 am

I loved it. Carol Burnett is a a very funny lady, but add Tim Conway & Harvey Korman and Vicki Lawrence and you've got some side-splittin hilarity.  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/07/06 at 12:39 am

I loved it. Carol Burnett is a a very funny lady, but add Tim Conway & Harvey Korman and Vicki Lawrence and you've got some side-splittin hilarity.  ;D

SO True... Such a funny show, the character of Mama is timeless!!!

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 08/07/06 at 2:51 am

???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/06 at 3:10 am

SO True... Such a funny show, the character of Mama is timeless!!!
I loved the C.B. show, but I usually don't go for spinoffs and in this case I never got into Mama's Family.

Written By: Miz Kitty on 08/07/06 at 10:35 am

I loved that show! It made me feel like I was at at family reunion! I loved Carol Burnett as Eunice (that was her character's name wasn't it?). And Rue McClanahan's cameos were always great.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/07/06 at 11:58 am

Mama's Family = White Trash. Humor through Pity.

Roseanne = White trash.  Humor through Pity

Roseanne= fat Mama

I think from the slow way the Momma's family teen son/daughter talked,
and both were always seemingly elated...
I'd SWEAR they had some penpal in Humboldt California, or Panama, or Maui.

wtf are you even talking about? ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/06 at 1:15 pm

wtf are you even talking about? ::)
sounds like a reference to pot growing communities, possibly inferring the son was loaded all the time  8)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/07/06 at 3:44 pm

I loved that show! It made me feel like I was at at family reunion! I loved Carol Burnett as Eunice (that was her character's name wasn't it?). And Rue McClanahan's cameos were always great.

I loved it too,  reminded me of family, there are some great unforgettable characters on that show

Check for new replies or respond here...