inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pepsi & Shirlie or Mel & Kim

Written By: Dave Brown on 02/28/05 at 4:40 am

Which did you prefer? Me? Pepsi & Shirlie by a longshot.

Subject: Re: Pepsi & Shirlie or Mel & Kim

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/05 at 4:59 am

Mel and Kim. They had some great tunes (Showing out, Respectable and That's the way it is) as Pepsi and Shirlie only had one (Heartache). I felt Mel and Kim looked better than Pepsi and Shirlie too.  :)

Written By: karen on 02/28/05 at 5:02 am

Mel and Kim.  Me and my friends thought Respectable was written for us!

Written By: Dave Brown on 02/28/05 at 5:43 am

Mel and Kim. They had some great tunes (Showing out, Respectable and That's the way it is) as Pepsi and Shirlie only had one (Heartache). I felt Mel and Kim looked better than Pepsi and Shirlie too.  :)

They released alot more singles than just "Heartache". They had another top ten hit which was the fantastic "Goodbye Stranger" then they had 2 singles which failed to make the top 40 which were "Can't Give Me Love" and their brilliant cover of Free's "All Right Now" and they released "Higtime" which was their first single of 1988 which flopped completely. After and absence of 2 years, they returned with the fantastic "Someday" which was released in 1991. That flopped and they soon drifted apart. They did however return and backing vocals on Geri Halliwell's "Bag It Up" in 2000.

Written By: karen on 02/28/05 at 5:48 am

They released alot more singles than just "Heartache". They had another top ten hit which was the fantastic "Goodbye Stranger" then they had 2 singles which failed to make the top 40 which were "Can't Give Me Love" and their brilliant cover of Free's "All Right Now" and they released "Higtime" which was their first single of 1988 which flopped completely. After and absence of 2 years, they returned with the fantastic "Someday" which was released in 1991. That flopped and they soon drifted apart. They did however return and backing vocals on Geri Halliwell's "Bag It Up" in 2000.

Which therefore seems to me to prove what Bobby said. 

Mel and Kim. They had some great tunes (Showing out, Respectable and That's the way it is) as Pepsi and Shirlie only had one (Heartache).

You personally may prefer Pepsi and Shirley but clearly a majority of the record buying public did not, otherwise more of those released singles would be hits instead of flops.

Check for new replies or respond here...