inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Night Court

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/05 at 9:58 am

Anyone here heard of Night Court? It was a really funny show, my favorite charecters were Dan Fielding (I love how he always tried hitting on Christine, only to be turned down again and again!) and Bull.

Subject: Re: Night Court

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/28/05 at 10:28 am

who hasn't heard of night court. i loved that show although looking back at the fisrt season i'm glad it actually lasted longer.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 10:34 am

I also loved this show. I thought Christine was much cuter but Billie was tougher...I liked them both :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/05 at 10:47 am

I LOVE Night Court. I don't know which character was my favorite because I liked them all. Dan was the perfect sleazoid. Christine kind of annoyed me because she was to goody-goody. I do like Bull-the gentle giant but stupid. Roz was so cool. Harry was funny and you kind of wonder how he became of judge. I have seen almost every episode several times and I still laugh.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 10:49 am

I LOVE Night Court. I don't know which character was my favorite because I liked them all. Dan was the perfect sleazoid. Christine kind of annoyed me because she was to goody-goody. I do like Bull-the gentle giant but stupid. Roz was so cool. Harry was funny and you kind of wonder how he became of judge. I have seen almost every episode several times and I still laugh.

Cat
You remember Billie? I liked her :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/28/05 at 11:03 am

Good show! I loved Bull and Dan! Great characters.

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/05 at 11:09 am

Cat

I have always wondered how Harry became and still kept the title of judge too!  ::)  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 11:31 am

Anyone elso remember when Harry guested on "Cheers" and helped Coach scam some bully :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/05 at 11:45 am

You remember Billie? I liked her :)

I do remember Billie. She was ok-but not one of my favorite characters.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/05 at 11:51 am

Anyone elso remember when Harry guested on "Cheers" and helped Coach scam some bully :)

He was on there from time to time as the con artist, Harry The Hat.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 12:39 pm

I do remember Billie. She was ok-but not one of my favorite characters.

Cat
I just meant that she was a little tougher than Christine ;)

Written By: AL-B on 02/28/05 at 1:57 pm

I liked this show as well. The characters were all a bunch of loveable weirdos. (BTW, who was Billie? Was she that little old lady who was a bailiff along with Bull, but then she passed away and Roz came in?)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/05 at 1:59 pm

I liked this show as well. The characters were all a bunch of loveable weirdos. (BTW, who was Billie? Was she that little old lady who was a bailiff along with Bull, but then she passed away and Roz came in?)

No, that was Selma. Christine was Billie's replacement.

Cat

Written By: AL-B on 02/28/05 at 2:03 pm

No, that was Selma. Christine was Billie's replacement.

Cat
Hmmm...I guess I don't remember Billie then. Do you remember who played her?

(I thought Christine was hot.)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/05 at 4:15 pm

I always liked the judge and Bull.both of them were funny characters. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 6:43 pm

Ellen Foley played defense attorney (Billie)

http://freewebhosting.hostdepartment.com/s/stonegate2/tv/09/ncourt4.jpg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 7:03 pm

http://www.hrmusic.com/images/efopic.jpg

Billie wasn't too bad herself :)

Written By: Webstor on 02/28/05 at 11:08 pm

Night Court was one of my all time favorite shows.
Dan Fielding was one of the greatest TV characters ever.

Harry Anderson was great as the judge...and when he guest starred as Harry the Hat on Cheers.
As I remember it....there were 3 female bailiffs total.......Selma, then Florence, and then Roz.

And Christine replaced Bille, but Bille replaced Lana .....

But didn't Mac replace somone too....?  Harry's original assisstant was a lasy named Liz i think.

Anyways.....loved the show.....AND Dan's homeless sidekick, Phil

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/01/05 at 10:48 am

Did you know that Ellen Foley sang on Meatloaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light?

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/01/05 at 1:59 pm

Did you know that Ellen Foley sang on Meatloaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light?

Cat
Yes. She has put out some of her own records as well. She's had quite a nice little singing career :)

Written By: Howard on 03/01/05 at 4:55 pm

Whatever became of Harry Anderson these days?

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 9:01 pm

OMG...I used to watch that show only because for some reason I had a massive crush on John Larroquette......LOL!!

Erin :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 9:03 pm

Howard

(July 2003) Owns a store in New Orleans called Sideshow.
I found this info @ http://us.imdb.com/

Written By: Dinkadoo on 03/01/05 at 9:14 pm

I remember Night Court in syndication as a kid. That and Cheers usually came on before the news.
I love the end logo with the shooting star making a CRACK sound and a guy laughing. One summer (2002, I believe) I made a note of it to watch the end logo at the end of every episode of Night Court that A&E played, like some kind of contest. Was I really THAT bored during my summer vacation?
Now A&E doesn't play Night Court anymore and I kind of miss the logo!

Written By: Niko101 on 03/02/05 at 2:14 am

Night Court was a must-see every week in my family. I thought it was "okay" at first, but as soon as they replaced Billie, Liz and Lana, I was totally hooked. That was a kick-arse cast until Selma died. I cringed my way through the Flo phase and was very happy when they brought in Roz. Hearing Flo deliver her lines still makes me want to shove a knitting needle in my ear.  :::cringes::: 

Written By: Howard on 03/02/05 at 4:32 pm

(July 2003) Owns a store in New Orleans called Sideshow.
I found this info @ http://us.imdb.com/

Thanks Quirk. ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/02/05 at 4:35 pm

http://www.nndb.com/people/787/000029700/richard-moll-crop.jpg

Richard Moll was a funny character on the show. ;D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 4:39 pm

Thanks Quirk. ;)

Howard

no prob howie!!

Erin  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/02/05 at 5:16 pm

http://www.nndb.com/people/787/000029700/richard-moll-crop.jpg

Richard Moll was a funny character on the show. ;D

Howard

Yeah, he's my favorite!  ;D

Written By: rickc on 03/02/05 at 5:52 pm

Dued! this was my show!!!!!

I loved it. I think I saw every episode. I thought it was funny the judges name was Harry T. Stone.....
which is VERY CLOSE to Heroin T. Stoned....

lol

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/07/06 at 2:24 pm

Howard

The last time I saw him was doing a bit on the lastest installment of I love the 80's 3D. As for the Christine\Billy thing, I think I remember watching an interview Markie Post (Christine) saying that the role of Billy was originally writen for her, but she couldn't take it at the time because she was playing Terry in the Fall Guy then. You can tell that it took a while for Markie to either fit into or develope the role of "goody two shoe'd" Christine because she was more tougher and independant in the first season. Personally I never looked at her as hot because she was the same age as my mother and her Christine character was more like the ideal image of one.   

Written By: whistledog on 06/07/06 at 2:25 pm

I used to love at the end of the show after the credits, you'd hear the crack of a whip, then Harry would laugh ;D

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 06/10/06 at 11:27 am

This to me is still one of the most hilarious sit-coms EVER to air.  The interaction of the motley group of characters was so funny.  Almost never a dull moment.  I tried to never miss it.

As I remember Night Court was part of the remarkable NBC mid-80's Thursday night line-up you couldnt miss.  First was The Cosby Show followed by Family Ties followed by Night Court finishing off with Cheers I think.

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/21/09 at 12:03 am

As I remember Night Court was part of the remarkable NBC mid-80's Thursday night line-up you couldnt miss.   First was The Cosby Show followed by Family Ties followed by Night Court finishing off with Cheers I think.

Jeff is almost right. Cosby and Family Ties were up first, but then Night Court ended the comedy block coming after Cheers.
Amazingly, being the least favorite of the four with critics, Night Court had the second-longest run of them, at 8 1/2 seasons(Cheers ran 11).
Also, our friend Harry and his wife relocated his magic shop to somewhere in the Carolinas in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

For those of you who have waited to see Mac & Billie again for as long as I have, Season 2 comes out on DVD late next month!
Can I wait just a few more weeks? In the immortal word of Bull, Oooooooo-kay!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/09 at 9:05 am

Season 2 of Night Court FINALLY hits DVD in a couple of weeks :)

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/26/09 at 6:49 pm

For me, I could take it or leave it. It was the kind of show I would watch when there was nothing better on TV.

Written By: Entouch on 01/27/09 at 11:15 pm

http://www.hrmusic.com/images/efopic.jpg

Billie wasn't too bad herself :)

I tuned into the show sporadically I thought it did have its funny moments and certainly it would not have been as successful if it wasnt for the Thursday night lineup. (Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Cheers)

John Larroquette was very funny on the show and I liked Markie Post as Christine. I dont remember Ellen Foley perhaps she was there only for the first season. She was an accomplished singer as well (she dated Mick Jones from 'The Clash'.)

Written By: joeman on 01/29/09 at 10:30 am

Anyone here heard of Night Court? It was a really funny show, my favorite charecters were Dan Fielding (I love how he always tried hitting on Christine, only to be turned down again and again!) and Bull.

I never followed the show closely but I did like the theme music.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/09 at 5:08 pm

I tuned into the show sporadically I thought it did have its funny moments and certainly it would not have been as successful if it wasnt for the Thursday night lineup. (Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Cheers)

John Larroquette was very funny on the show and I liked Markie Post as Christine. I dont remember Ellen Foley perhaps she was there only for the first season. She was an accomplished singer as well (she dated Mick Jones from 'The Clash'.)

Ellen Foley was hot in those days!  She's a great singer too.  According to IMDB, she was only on the first season.  Those first couple of seasons were the best.  It was a bit edgier.  I liked the show until it jumped the shark in about 1989, but the rapport between Selma Diamond (Selma) and Richard Moll (Bull) was the best!  The Selma died in 1985.  They tried to recreate the magic with Florence Halop (Florence) but it didn't work as well.  The Florence Halop died in 1986!  Then the other Bailiff was Marsha Warfield's "Roz."  Weak point of the show:  The relationship between Mac and Quon Le.  Too sentimental for the show.

Written By: statsqueen on 02/01/09 at 7:11 pm

Ellen Foley was hot in those days!  She's a great singer too.  According to IMDB, she was only on the first season.  Those first couple of seasons were the best.  It was a bit edgier.  I liked the show until it jumped the shark in about 1989, but the rapport between Selma Diamond (Selma) and Richard Moll (Bull) was the best!  The Selma died in 1985.  They tried to recreate the magic with Florence Halop (Florence) but it didn't work as well.  The Florence Halop died in 1986!  Then the other Bailiff was Marsha Warfield's "Roz."  Weak point of the show:  The relationship between Mac and Quon Le.  Too sentimental for the show.

That was the weakest part...didn't fit because just like with any sitcom, bring in too many new outside characters, it takes away from the chemistry.  Remember the talk about the part of the female baliff being cursed.  Gotta remember, the first 2 weren't exactly spring chickens.  I liked it best when it was the original cast.  Is Dan the only one who went on with TV?  He's in a new series now, just can't think of the name of it

Check for new replies or respond here...