inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bands similar to DEVO

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 4:06 pm

What bands are like Devo?  I think Talking Heads sound a bit like em. The B-52s sound like a crappy Devo (sorry 2 any fans). 

Also, wasn't Kurt Cobain a fan of DEVO?  Nirvana are awesome!
(yes, I know Nirvana aren't 80s, FAR from it  ;D)

-FHF  ;)

Subject: Re: Bands similar to DEVO

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/28/05 at 4:37 pm

they might be giants and primus had quirky songs and a geek following much like devo.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/05 at 4:48 pm

Talking Heads

Written By: krakboi on 02/28/05 at 9:21 pm

That is crazy talk.  Talking Heads might be quirky, but they don't sound like Devo. 

There are a couple bands that sound a bit like Devo that are newer.  You should check out the Network, Servotron, and the Aquabats.  The Aquabats don't sound a whole lot like Devo, but their live performances, dress, and album art are obviously influenced by them.

As far as Nirvana and 80s influence goes, Kurt always said that they were just a big rip off of the Pixies.

Written By: neeka on 02/28/05 at 9:38 pm

Dandy Warhols are kinda sing song like Devo..

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 9:46 pm

That is crazy talk.  Talking Heads might be quirky, but they don't sound like Devo. 

There are a couple bands that sound a bit like Devo that are newer.  You should check out the Network, Servotron, and the Aquabats.  The Aquabats don't sound a whole lot like Devo, but their live performances, dress, and album art are obviously influenced by them.

As far as Nirvana and 80s influence goes, Kurt always said that they were just a big rip off of the Pixies.

Are the Pixies eighties?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/28/05 at 10:18 pm

Are the Pixies eighties?

yes they are

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 10:29 pm

It's not as crazy as saying a-ha sound like Duran Duran  ;D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/01/05 at 5:59 pm

I think Mi Sex sounded a little like Devo. And speaking of Nirvana -gotta love em-I'm pretty sure they released their 1st album in the late 80s.
Cheers,
Dee  :-*

Check for new replies or respond here...