inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nick Kamen

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/01/05 at 4:25 am

Everybody knows that he became famous for stripping off in the middle of a launderette to the sound of Marvin Gaye's "Heard It Through The Grapevine". He then went on to score hits with songs such as his version of the Four Tops' "Loving You Is Sweeter Then Ever", "Tell Me", "I Promised Myself" and his debut single which was penned by Madonna "Each Time You Break My Heart".

What I would like to know is, why the hell did he open his mouth? All his songs were just too cheesy. He's now an artist (as in painting) and he's now split between Notting Hill in London and L.A.  I cant stand the guy, but I suppose a whole load of girls out there that remember him, will probably have a different opinion about him.

So hands up all you girls who still have a soft spot for Nick Kamen? I think there might be quite a few of you do. So go on admit it.

Subject: Re: Nick Kamen

Written By: Bobby on 03/01/05 at 6:09 am

Yes, Nick Kamen was involved in one of the biggest adverts in the 80s. His songs were pretty pants (ho ho!) to be honest but I didn't know until recently that he had minor hits up until 1990. That's staying power for a model in a advert.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/05 at 9:09 am

Everybody knows that he became famous for stripping off in the middle of a launderette to the sound of Marvin Gaye's "Heard It Through The Grapevine". He then went on to score hits with songs such as his version of the Four Tops' "Loving You Is Sweeter Then Ever", "Tell Me", "I Promised Myself" and his debut single which was penned by Madonna "Each Time You Break My Heart".

What I would like to know is, why the hell did he open his mouth? All his songs were just too cheesy. He's now an artist (as in painting) and he's now split between Notting Hill in London and L.A.  I cant stand the guy, but I suppose a whole load of girls out there that remember him, will probably have a different opinion about him.

So hands up all you girls who still have a soft spot for Nick Kamen? I think there might be quite a few of you do. So go on admit it.

Nick Kamen now based in Notting Hill, tell me more?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/02/05 at 3:11 am

Nick Kamen now based in Notting Hill, tell me more?

He's still living in Notting Hill, but spends the majority of his time in L.A. so you won't see much of him in Notting Hill  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/05 at 11:39 am

He's still living in Notting Hill, but spends the majority of his time in L.A. so you won't see much of him in Notting Hill ;)

I will keep an eye out for him!

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/06 at 12:38 am

Nick was popular in Canada with "Each Time You Break My Heart".  I remember and still love that song 8)

In America, the closest he came to success was a club chart entry with a Shep Pettibone remix of "Each Time .."

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/06 at 1:52 am

I will keep an eye out for him!
I have the strongest feeling that he is back in Notting Hill

Check for new replies or respond here...