inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Duran Duran

Written By: Kryllith on 03/01/05 at 11:31 am

Well I imagine there's already a thread regarding this, but since I can't find it easily enough, I'll just post a new one. I saw Duran Duran this weekend over at the Staples Center and had an absolute blast. My seats were relatively lousy (I had to change plans last minute and as such had to by the tickets that way) which means I ended up with a profile view with the speakers pointed away. It was still pretty loud, but hearing Simon was hard at time (more when he was speaking rather than singing). On the plus side, I knew all the songs so I could sing to all of them, with the exception of "Tiger Tiger" which, of course, is instrumental. The mixture was fairly decent, with at least 5 off the new album, a scattering of songs from Duran Duran, Seven and the Ragged Tiger, and Rio, along with "Wild Boys", a couple songs from the Wedding Album, and less from the others ("Notorious", "I Don't Want Your Love", "White Lines" and a few others). Anyone else catch the show?

Now, if only a-ha will get their next album cut so they can tour the U.S.

Kryllith

Check for new replies or respond here...