inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Redesign of inthe80s... Should I begin an 80s news section?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/01/05 at 1:17 pm

If you've been paying real close attention, I've mentioned a few times I would be launching a redesign of inthe80s in time for the 10 year anniversary.  I'm trying to figure out what the homepage should have at the moment.

I was thinking about something that would list out the new DVD releases of TV shows and movies dealing with the 80s as they come out, but I can't find a reliable/comprehensive source for something like that. 

I was also thinking of something that would allow people to post links to news items dealing with 80s stars/musicians, or current news about anything from the 80s.  I tried something like this in the past, but it didn't really get many submissions.  Maybe if people could tell me what they'd be interested in seeing everyday, people would be more encoraged to submit headlines, etc.

I'm planning on keeping the "latest entries to the site" functionality as well... though I'm not sure if anyone even checks that out.

Subject: Re: Redesign of inthe80s... Should I begin an 80s news section?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/05 at 1:21 pm

News happens all the time, so why not a News Section for each decade?

I find that I used "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" all the time.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 1:27 pm

Sounds like a good idea!

Written By: Howard on 03/01/05 at 4:57 pm

neat idea Chuck. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...