inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Oregon Trail

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/01/05 at 5:15 pm

I remember playing this computer game in 3rd grade.  I think it was once a month that (maybe once a week) that we got to go to the computer lab for an hour and pair up and play this game.  It was so fun!  I have seen new editions in stores and I think I need to get it.

Subject: Re: The Oregon Trail

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 5:29 pm

It's a diffcult game, you have to figure how supplies to carry, food to buy, people to bring with you, and then you have to problem solve around snow storms, bandits, food shortage, and attacks by Indians.

They also had Amazon Quest as well.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 6:14 pm

OMG....I totally remember that game!! I was in middle school and we would have computer class once a week....and there would be a big box of floppy disc games...and everyone would literally fight over Oregon Trail....that game was awesome!!!

Erin  :D

Written By: Dinkadoo on 03/01/05 at 6:49 pm

I found an Apple II Emulator and a Oregon Trail ROM that allows you to play the game.
I've forgotten the link, however.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 7:07 pm

OMG....I totally remember that game!! I was in middle school and we would have computer class once a week....and there would be a big box of floppy disc games...and everyone would literally fight over Oregon Trail....that game was awesome!!!

Darn poisonous snakes and their anti-venom, the piranhas were bad too!  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 8:10 pm

heck ya

Written By: woops on 03/02/05 at 1:02 am

I've played it... and was OK.  :)

Back when computers screens were green...  ::)  :D

Written By: Niko101 on 03/02/05 at 2:23 am

My mom worked for the school district, so during the summer, we were able to take an Apple home and play all the Oregon Trail we wanted. Well, at least until our two weeks were up and we had to return it all for the next person to check-out. My friends would come over and play with it, too. It was like "Woah! There's a computer in our house. It's like we're rich or something!" Way cool.

BTW, was it just me or did every game see at least one person die from Dysentery? I remember curiosity finally leading me to the family dictionary...Dysentery is pretty gross. Great lesson to learn from a game at school. :o

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/02/05 at 4:07 pm

Is that 80s?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 4:23 pm

when I played the game...it was definitely in the 80's!

Written By: rickc on 03/02/05 at 5:48 pm

that was the game.... I loved hunting .....

The company that made this game , put out a new one years ago ...it just wasn't the same...

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/02/05 at 5:51 pm

I remember playing that on those old apple IIgs's at school when I was like in 1st-3rd grade or so.

Subject: The Oregon Trail

Written By: Dude111 on 02/18/18 at 8:04 am

Yes I love that game!!!!!

I found an Apple emulator and I played it here on my computer not to long ago..... Maybe last year sometime :)

A good game!!

Check for new replies or respond here...