inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How big were Stryper??

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/01/05 at 5:56 pm

I went to a Christian school and was ocasionally subjected to Stryper in music class -naturally cos they were a Xtian "heavy metal" band. Apart from that and a brief article in a teen magazine, I never heard much from the pretty boys. Did they have any hits? I must admit that at the time, I LOVED their rendition of "Battle Hymn Of The Republic"
Cheers,
Dee  :-*

Subject: Re: How big were Stryper??

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 6:10 pm

I remember one of their albums was titled, "to hell with the devil"..I dunno...my uncle listened to them occasionally...but I didn't know much about them.

Erin  :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/01/05 at 6:14 pm

we used to mock stryper fans. actually i don't think i ever heard of any of their music.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 7:10 pm

The closest thing to Stryper nowadays would be Creed, with Creed rocking less harder than Stryper.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/01/05 at 8:03 pm

I thought they were big, then again I am a huge Stryper fan.  I think Honestly might have been their biggest hit.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/02/05 at 12:52 am

The closest thing to Stryper nowadays would be Creed, with Creed rocking less harder than Stryper. 
Are Creed Christian? BTW, a Christian friend of mine went to a Stryper gig in the 80s. He said they were so loud that he couldn't understand a word, save right at the end when they offered a cheezy, "Remember God loves all of you!" and a huge pyrotechnic crusifix. He was initially unsure as to the gender of their very pretty lead singer -not impressed to say the least.
http://www.stryper.info/stryper777.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/02/05 at 8:07 am

Are Creed Christian? BTW, a Christian friend of mine went to a Stryper gig in the 80s. He said they were so loud that he couldn't understand a word, save right at the end when they offered a cheezy, "Remember God loves all of you!" and a huge pyrotechnic crusifix. He was initially unsure as to the gender of their very pretty lead singer -not impressed to say the least.
http://www.stryper.info/stryper777.jpg

Not persay, but at the time Creed did sound like a heavily religous band, even if they never admitted to it!  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...