inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peanut Butter Solution...Boy who could Fly...Flight of the Navigator..etc..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 9:25 pm

Do you guys remember some of the awesome movies that were out in the 80's that were kinda creepy but fun? These were 3 of my favs:

Flight of the Navigator (i recently bought this on DVD)

Boy who could Fly

The Peanut Butter Solution

I would like to hear if anyone has heard of these movies and loves them...thinks they are creepy...etc...what are your thoughts on them?

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Peanut Butter Solution...Boy who could Fly...Flight of the Navigator..etc..

Written By: cagesundercage on 03/01/05 at 9:30 pm

i'd like to get my hands on the peanut butter solution. i haven't seen that in ages. i remember it being really wierd and good.

Subject: Re: Peanut Butter Solution...Boy who could Fly...Flight of the Navigator..etc..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 9:37 pm

i'd like to get my hands on the peanut butter solution. i haven't seen that in ages. i remember it being really wierd and good.

I have an old video store rental copy of it that I picked up years ago at Goodwill or somewhere to the likings of it....I haven't watched it in years!!! I always remember getting creeped out though when I watched it.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/01/05 at 9:48 pm

Do you remember "Spacecamp"?  That was a cool 80's movie too  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 9:53 pm

I don't think I have ever seen that movie before

Erin  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 10:17 pm

Do you guys remember some of the awesome movies that were out in the 80's that were kinda creepy but fun? These were 3 of my favs:

Flight of the Navigator (i recently bought this on DVD)

Boy who could Fly

I would like to hear if anyone has heard of these movies and loves them...thinks they are creepy...etc...what are your thoughts on them?

Yeah.... I remember these films....

Flight of the Navigator

One of my favorite films, can't wait to get it on DVD.

Boy who could Fly

A tad bit depressing for a film.

It's weird.... even for a Canadian film!  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 10:19 pm

If you get a chance, check out The Russkies, it's a good film as well.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 10:20 pm

I just bought Flight of the Navigator on DVD...watched it...and boy did it bring back great childhood memories!!! Believe it or not...my younger sis and I watched it sooo much back in the day that we actually memorized the entire movie..word for word. LOL!!!!!!!

Erin  ;D

Written By: Niko101 on 03/02/05 at 1:57 am

Flight of the Navigator is the only one of those I've seen. I was babysitting for a family friend and took their girls on a "real city bus" to go see it.  :D It was good for a laugh. The kids loved it. The thing I remember most is that my favorite Blancmange song was in the movie (Lose Your Love). Wasn't Sarah Jessica Parker in it?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 7:28 am

Yes....Sarah Jessica Parker was the girl that worked at NASA who came in the room and later helped David escape via RALF (robotic assistant labor facilitator). That was a great movie!!

Written By: bill on 03/02/05 at 9:12 am

I LOVE Flight of the Navigator...and it's weird because I was actually thinking last night how I wanna watch it then I see this post today...  i think i'll watch it tonight...i have it on DVD as well  :\'(

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/02/05 at 9:27 am

the flight of the navigator is a good movie. i never seen the other two.

has anyone ever seen the explorers? the movie came out in '85 and starred ethan hawke and river phoenix. i always loved that movie.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 1:56 pm

I've never seen the movie, "the explorers"...I will have to check it out sometime!!

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/02/05 at 3:06 pm

the flight of the navigator is a good movie. i never seen the other two.

has anyone ever seen the explorers? the movie came out in '85 and starred ethan hawke and river phoenix. i always loved that movie.

I've seen Explorers, very funny alien encounter! And Jamie knows I saw Russkies, starring Peter Billingsley from Real People and A Christmas Story, and a very young Joaquin Phoenix(I'd send my tape of it to Jay Leno so he can embarass JP, but I might not get it back!) In fact I learned my first bit of Russian from that flick. I've had Flight Of The Navigator on VHS for years, and I watch it enough that someday I may have to replace it on DVD. To me it still ranks with TRON and Honey, I Shrunk The Kids as Disney's best Sci-Fi/Comedy films. Meanwhle, anyone remember The Last Starfighter?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 4:20 pm

I've seen Explorers, very funny alien encounter! And Jamie knows I saw Russkies, starring Peter Billingsley from Real People and A Christmas Story, and a very young Joaquin Phoenix(I'd send my tape of it to Jay Leno so he can embarass JP, but I might not get it back!) In fact I learned my first bit of Russian from that flick. I've had Flight Of The Navigator on VHS for years, and I watch it enough that someday I may have to replace it on DVD. To me it still ranks with TRON and Honey, I Shrunk The Kids as Disney's best Sci-Fi/Comedy films. Meanwhle, anyone remember The Last Starfighter?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

heard of it...but can't say that I've seen it before!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 6:46 pm

Flight of the Navigator

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/02/05 at 6:58 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Russkies, Goonies, Young Sherlock Holmes, The Last Starfighter, Tron, Flight of The Navigator and Honey, I Shrunk The Kids are good films.  Something Wicked This Way Comes is also worth checking out.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 6:59 pm

I just watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids the other day...I was thinking...how cool would it have been to be on that set as an actor??

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 03/10/05 at 11:42 am

Wow, I love all of these films...I am getting Tron on DVD any day now and I just got the Explororers on Video today.....great films... ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/05 at 7:45 pm

I just found my VHS copy of "The Peanut Butter Solution" while looking through boxes in the attic...I will have to watch it soon!

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 8:10 pm

I only ever saw Flight of the Navigator years ago.  Was a pretty good movie :)

Written By: robby76 on 11/14/05 at 3:21 am

I liked "The Boy Who Could Fly". I remember the girl's little brother had loads of GI Joe's which he melted and buried... ha ha... or something like that!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/24/08 at 6:28 am

I liked "The Boy Who Could Fly". I remember the girl's little brother had loads of GI Joe's which he melted and buried... ha ha... or something like that!

he was played by actor, Fred Savage. LOL!

Hey, what about the Disney TV movie, Not Quite Human? It starred Jay Underwood (famous from, The Boy Who Could Fly), and Alan Thicke (from Growing Pains). I used to love watching those Disney Sunday Movies!!

Written By: robby76 on 01/24/08 at 7:46 am

Just checked IMDB and "Not Quite Human" spawned 2 sequels!!! It sounds so familiar yet I can't quite place it.

he was played by actor, Fred Savage. LOL!

Yes - since my last post I managed to catch "Boy Who Could Fly" on tv. What a cast - I completely forgot Mindy Cohn was in it too.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/24/08 at 7:47 am

Just checked IMDB and "Not Quite Human" spawned 2 sequels!!! It sounds so familiar yet I can't quite place it.

Yes - since my last post I managed to catch "Boy Who Could Fly" on tv. What a cast - I completely forgot Mindy Cohn was in it too.

yes, that's correct! There were 2 sequels. I wish those movies were available on DVD. There are so many movies that I would love to have...but they aren't available (especially some of those made for TV movies). Yes...I own a copy of, The Boy Who Could Fly...that's such a great movie! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/24/08 at 7:49 am

It was about a guy (who was really a robot)...named Chip...his father (Alan Thicke) created him...and he had a "sister". I think one of the sequels was about him going to either high school or college, if I remember correctly.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/24/08 at 7:50 am

Do you guys remember, Mr. Boogedy...and The Bride of Boogedy? Those were great movies too! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...