inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need Opinion on 80s Related Web Site I am Making

Written By: krakboi on 03/02/05 at 1:27 am

So, I collect arcade games, and have a site dedicated to my collection (www.krakboi.com).  I recently decided that I wanted to change it all and go for something that sounded and looked more 80s.  I have purchased the url radarcade.com, and have started the design.  There is no content yet, but this is what I have

http://www.radarcade.com/radarcade2.htm

Please give me your honest opinion, I can take it.  I was kind of going for that post punk/new wave thing.  Thanks in advance for your honest opinion.

Subject: Re: Need Opinion on 80s Related Web Site I am Making

Written By: architeuthis on 03/09/05 at 6:29 pm

Hey Krakboi - nice start on the 80's website. A good place to look for design ideas is music covers of the era...Go Go's, Peter Gabriel, The Cars etc. These have the quintescential 80's look. If you're going for the punk look then check out Fad Gadget, Sid Vicious, Bauhaus covers. A quick image search in google or A9.com will give you what you need.

P.S. How's Joust coming along? I'm interested because that was the game I would play on a daily basis during the summers with a friend at the local 7/11. Ah, those were the days. I'd love to buy it! ...or at least see/play it.

Keep up the good work and let me know if you need/want help with your website. I, too, am a 80's-a-holic.

architeuthis

Written By: krakboi on 03/10/05 at 12:58 am

Oooh... A response.

Actually, I did use the approach you suggested.  I was looking at some 80s album covers, as well as current bands that are influenced by 80's .  Problem is, making graphics is fairly new to me.  Guess it will just take practice.

Joust is coming  along great.  I actually have two working ones at the moment.  It is one of my all time favorites as well.  I actually have a few people interested in purchasing the spare , but if that falls through I will let you know.  At the very least, you are welcome to come by and play some time.  Garage is a bit of a mess, but most everything is playable right now.

I may hit you up for that help you offered.

Thanks.

Written By: Davester on 03/10/05 at 5:03 am

krakboi, what is that on the front page...a Java console, or Flash?

Check for new replies or respond here...