inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: London Boys

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/02/05 at 3:00 am

Anyone who's from the UK and Europe must remember the London Boys. I thought they were really really cheesy especially their miner single of 1989 which was a song called "My Love", but I have to admit that I did quite like their singles "Requiem" and "London Nights".

And for all those people who want to know what happened to them, they are now both literally dead. Yep, dead. They both were killed in a car crash somewhere in Europe in 1996. Also in the car with them was Edam's mum and she too was killed.

Subject: Re: London Boys

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/06 at 8:10 pm

I don't remember London Boys (they were not successful at all here), but I do know of them.  I have their album "12 Commandments of Desire" and I LOVE the song "Requiem".  The video however is a whole other story ;D

Written By: Chasey on 06/01/06 at 10:17 am

Anyone who's from the UK and Europe must remember the London Boys. I thought they were really really cheesy especially their miner single of 1989 which was a song called "My Love", but I have to admit that I did quite like their singles "Requiem" and "London Nights".

And for all those people who want to know what happened to them, they are now both literally dead. Yep, dead. They both were killed in a car crash somewhere in Europe in 1996. Also in the car with them was Edam's mum and she too was killed.

It was either Austria or Switzerland, I'm not quite sure but I know that the jeep they were travelling in went off the road and rolled down a mountain embankment....

Written By: Gis on 06/01/06 at 10:30 am

I can honestly say I have never even heard of them and I am British..........
I can't get over someone being called Edam.........as in the cheese ??

Written By: Chasey on 06/01/06 at 10:34 am

I can honestly say I have never even heard of them and I am British..........
I can't get over someone being called Edam.........as in the cheese ??

Well, you sure as heck didn't miss much thats for sure!  ;D

Edam, it was a co-incidence but it did just about sum everything up...

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/06 at 11:41 am

Yep, I've heard of London Boys. They had an album called 'The Twelve Commandments of Dance'. It's very difficult to get hold of because it hasn't been reissued.

My favourite tracks are 'My love','Requiem','Chinese Radio','Wichitah Woman' and 'El Matinero'.  8)

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/06 at 9:41 pm

Yep, I've heard of London Boys. They had an album called 'The Twelve Commandments of Dance'. It's very difficult to get hold of because it hasn't been reissued.

Ah yes Dance.  I always call that album 12 Commandments of Desire for some reason.  I always struggle to remember what it is called :D

Written By: lia on 07/14/06 at 4:11 am

Oh My God!!! I love the London Boys, my x boyf had the album & I stole it off him, it now takes pride of place in my CD Collection.

Best tracks are Requiem & My Love which are also on my MP3 Player x

Check for new replies or respond here...