inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember this show???

Written By: george78 on 03/02/05 at 10:28 am

Bear with me, I'll try to describe it as much as I can since I cannot remember the name of the show....

It was in the mid-80s I believe. It was a cop/detective who had a little Asian boy as his sidekick. They fought "crime" in some urban area. I think the kid lived with him or something. I remember the theme song for the show was Gloria Estefan's (Miami Sound Machine) "Bad Boy". Everyone I've talked to thinks I'm crazy.

Anyone? ???

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember this show???

Written By: Webstor on 03/02/05 at 2:40 pm

Yes...I remember this show....

I think the original Pilot episode was actually a movie on ABC's "The Disney Sunday Movie"

It was called "The Last Electric Knight"  starring Ernie Reyes Jr (from Red Sonja) and Gil Gerard
as the policeman he lived with.

It was then brought on as a weekly TV series, re-titled "Sidekicks"  and last for one or 2 seasons.

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/02/05 at 2:54 pm

JFTR, the theme to Sidekicks was a song called "Just Trust Tomorrow", I think sung by the same buy who recorded the Full House theme. You remember MSM's song "Bad Boy", because it was used in an ad for ABC's Saturday night lineup, which led off with Sidekicks, followed by Sledge Hammer!, Ohara, & Spenser: For Hire. Does this help?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: george78 on 03/02/05 at 3:10 pm

WOW!!! I'm not the only one! I used to love that show. I do remember SledgeHammer being on around that show. So awesome. Thanks guys!!! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...