inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Polo cologne

Written By: pumbaaj on 03/03/05 at 2:54 pm

Does anyone remember this fad?  I remember it started when I hit puberty.  It was for both preppies and gang members.  We had a street gang in my city called "The Polo Boys".  Does anyone have any fun Polo memories???
Wes

Subject: Re: Polo cologne

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/03/05 at 3:11 pm

1st boyfriend  ;)

Written By: Winston Smith on 04/03/05 at 11:27 pm

I still have 1/2 a bottle of Polo I bought when I entered high school back in '83 or '84.

The other night, my wife was listening to "Retro-Active" on one of the digital music stations (which is what led me to look around the internet for 80s stuff, like this board), so I splashed a bit on.  It's slightly stale, but it still smells like Polo.

Written By: bj26 on 04/04/05 at 10:41 am

I used to use a dab or two but don't think it ever really helped me score;  if you used too much people would pass out or gag.  I guess that's the same with about any cologne, however, Polo and Aramis were pretty strong.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/05 at 1:00 pm

Had a friend who always wore polo. Now, I can tell when a guy is wearing it a mile away.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...