inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cold War

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 6:15 pm

How scary was it to be around then?  Any more/less scary than our nuke problem today?

Subject: Re: Cold War

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/03/05 at 6:43 pm

every day could have been our last. i know i was worried a lot about nuclear war and tensions were pretty high during the first half of the 80s. today's fears doesn't even come close to what we been through during the cold war.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/03/05 at 6:48 pm

Nerve wracking, the idea of a bomb, any kind of bomb being dropped made people nervous.

Check out the made for TV movie, "The Day After", it's a really creepy movie and good as well.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/03/05 at 6:52 pm

Nerve wracking, the idea of a bomb, any kind of bomb being dropped made people nervous.

Check out the made for TV movie, "The Day After", it's a really creepy movie and good as well.

i watched that last month. it still gripping and emotional.

Written By: gord on 03/03/05 at 7:17 pm

My public school and high school were just a block away from each other and right in between the 2 schools along the street was a siren on a tower, probably 35 or 40 feet off the ground, we always called it an air raid siren but it was there to warn people of a nuclear attack I guess, I think it was still up into the mid 90's.  So growing up it wasn't something that dominated your life worrying about, but there was always the reminders that it could happen.

Check for new replies or respond here...