inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cassettes to PC

Written By: RojoP on 03/03/05 at 8:49 pm

Hi All,
I saw DevoRule's posting about cassettes and I was wondering if anyone has attempted to convert cassettes to an mp3 format?  I have a ton of old 80's tapes and don't want to spend the cash on cd.  There is a device that converts analog signals to digital, and I was just wondering if anyone has done this?
Thanks

Subject: Re: Cassettes to PC

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/06 at 6:37 pm

Hi All,
I saw DevoRule's posting about cassettes and I was wondering if anyone has attempted to convert cassettes to an mp3 format?  I have a ton of old 80's tapes and don't want to spend the cash on cd.  There is a device that converts analog signals to digital, and I was just wondering if anyone has done this?
Thanks

Even though this is an old thread, what the heck.  I turn cassettes into mp3's all the time.  All I do is connect a two way cord from my computer's microphone jack to the headphone jack on my stereo.  Then just pop in a tape into your cassette player, and record the song using any kind of sound recording computer software you like (I use a program called "waveflow") :)

It will save as a wave file.  All you need then is a program that can convert wav files into mp3's :)

Written By: livinonthe80s on 01/31/06 at 12:59 am

OMG, as soon as cds came out, there went my cassette collection for like .50 to $1 each. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/06 at 1:00 am

OMG, as soon as cds came out, there went my cassette collection for like .50 to $1 each. :\'(

But did you even sell the cassettes that you can't get on CD?

Written By: Banks on 01/31/06 at 3:06 am

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...