inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What groups did you HATE?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/03/05 at 10:44 pm

I hated The Beastie Boys, and I hated the Smiths.  I wasn't too crazy about Kool & The Gang either.

Subject: Re: What groups did you HATE?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/05 at 11:51 pm

I hated Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine......and The Pretenders

Erin :)

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/04/05 at 9:00 am

I hated The Beastie Boys, and I hated the Smiths.  I wasn't too crazy about Kool & The Gang either.

I hated Bros with a passion. Matt Goss sang like a girl. In fact when they first released "When Will I Be Famous" I thought it was actually a woman singing it. My sister at the time was addicted to them. You couldn't see the colour's of the walls because of the amount of posters and pictures she had plastered on her walls and not to mention the ceilings.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/04/05 at 9:13 am

I hated Bros with a passion. Matt Goss sang like a girl. In fact when they first released "When Will I Be Famous" I thought it was actually a woman singing it. My sister at the time was addicted to them. You couldn't see the colour's of the walls because of the amount of posters and pictures she had plastered on her walls and not to mention the ceilings.

That was a really cheesy song.  ::)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/04/05 at 10:20 am

I agree, Bros were unadulterated crap, ditto for NKOTB -tjough to say so at the time would have guarunteed instant unpopularity. I must admit, I didn't think much of The Cure, though I've learned toreally appreciate them over time. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/05 at 12:43 pm

I would not give Matt Goss a woman's voice, it was just that his singing was different from the others.

Written By: AL-B on 03/04/05 at 12:45 pm

I really hated Wham! and New Kids On The Block.

Written By: Triviamom on 03/04/05 at 1:22 pm

Kool & The Gang (especially that Celebration song) ::)

The Human League

Culture Club

Written By: duranchick on 03/04/05 at 2:42 pm

Tears for Fears - I still cringe.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/04/05 at 2:47 pm

wham, new kids on the block, culture club, duran duran, poison.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/04/05 at 4:05 pm

Duran Duran
Poison
Whitesnake
Styper
Twisted Sister
The Fixx
ABC
Peter Gabriel

And last but NOT least:

THE B-52's  >:(  >:(  >:(  :D  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...