inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: fashion of the 80s

Written By: productofthe80s on 03/05/05 at 6:53 pm

well im having my sweet 16 soon and i wanted it 80s style. and now of course i have no idea what to wear! so i wanted to know if you had any ideas? if you do and its a reasonable price or not e-mail me at twentytwored@aol.com
thank you very much in advance
<3 mary

Subject: Re: fashion of the 80s

Written By: ADH13 on 03/05/05 at 7:24 pm

You might want to check Ebay - if you go to Clothing, Shoes & Accessories and then search for "80's" you should get over 1000 results.

But here's a few hints:  Jelly bracelets (I don't remember how to twist them but I'm sure someone here would), swatch watch, tight tapered-leg jeans (Guess was big), scrunchy socks, Nike or Reebok shoes, hair in a ponytail on the side, bright contrasting colors such as a turquoise button down shirt over a bright yellow tank top, blue eyeshadow, glitter on the temples, banana clips.  Those are the "preppy" styles.

You could also go skater.  Billabong, Mossimo, and Ocean Pacific T-Shirts with printed shorts were popular.

Or, you could go mod.  Shiny black wig, make-up to make your face as white as possible, eyeliner, black clothes, crystal necklaces with black cords, black nail polish

Subject: Re: fashion of the 80s

Written By: productofthe80s on 03/05/05 at 7:40 pm

thank you ill keep that in mind

Check for new replies or respond here...