inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Day In The Life...

Written By: Davester on 03/07/05 at 12:37 pm

I've recently discovered a stack of letters I'd received in high school, the authors of which were good friends, girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, passing aquaintances and business associates.  The stack of letters were wrapped in an old Comics & Comix bag.  I don't know why I saved these or how they survived for 20 years...

These letters represent, for me, a slice of life as seen through the eyes of a teenager of a time long past.  In this case late '85/early '86, junior year of HS.

This sample is from the girl I'd end-up being married to for a short time.  What's interesting is the "he-said-she-said-so-and-so-such-and-such" politiking which is a feature of most of these.  Reading them is ever-so-slightly embarrassing I and catch myself biting my lip frequently.  I'm emotionally disconnected while reading these; more a study in high school politics...

I wanted to share one of these letters with the 80's board...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/965513/DSC00840.jpg

Subject: Re: A Day In The Life...

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 1:21 pm

I've recently discovered a stack of letters I'd received in high school, the authors of which were good friends, girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, passing aquaintances and business associates.  The stack of letters were wrapped in an old Comics & Comix bag.  I don't know why I saved these or how they survived for 20 years...

These letters represent, for me, a slice of life as seen through the eyes of a teenager of a time long past.  In this case late '85/early '86, junior year of HS.

This sample is from the girl I'd end-up being married to for a short time.  What's interesting is the "he-said-she-said-so-and-so-such-and-such" politiking which is a feature of most of these.  Reading them is ever-so-slightly embarrassing I and catch myself biting my lip frequently.  I'm emotionally disconnected while reading these; more a study in high school politics...

I wanted to share one of these letters with the 80's board...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/965513/DSC00840.jpg

People didn't act much different then.

Written By: Czar Matthew on 03/07/05 at 1:25 pm

Change a few on the names around and I find the same political crap that I put up with in high school. Thats actually pretty creepy when you think about it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/05 at 1:49 pm

I still have a bunch of noted that friends wrote in hs. Sounds pretty much the same.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...