inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Degrassi Jr. High

Written By: krakboi on 03/07/05 at 1:02 pm

Man...I used to love this show when I was a kid.  Recently they released the first season on DVD.  It is still so freaking good!  Did anyone else used to watch this show?

Subject: Re: Degrassi Jr. High

Written By: Czar Matthew on 03/07/05 at 1:27 pm

You bet I watched it! I can't wait to get the DVD, although its behind Miami Vice and Fresh Prince. I have seen those episodes so many times, but I just can't help myself. Snake and Joey did a tour of Universities here in Canada and I was happy to see them and then meet them. They seemed pretty cool. If only my camera wasn't on the fritz. >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/07/05 at 1:56 pm

Yeah, I remember that show.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/07/05 at 2:02 pm

i'm a big fan and i still watch the show and degrassi high whenever it comes on.

snake, wheels, spike, BLT... how many of us had nicknames in highschool and if we did were they cool? i know mine wasn't...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/07/05 at 2:03 pm

i'm a big fan and i still watch the show and degrassi high whenever it comes on.

snake, wheels, spike, BLT... how many of us had nicknames in highschool and if we did were they cool? i know mine wasn't...

Mine was lame....  ::)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/08/05 at 8:13 am

What about the School's Out movie, in which Joey loses his cherry behind his girlfriend, Caitlin's back and gets the other girl pregnant. The whole series was great and it dealt with real life issues, which not many kids shows did at the time. I liked Stephanie Kaye as a character, with her tarty clothes and sex politics. She reminded me a bit of myself, cos I used to change my hair at school. :)
http://www.degrassi.ca/gallery/img418_0.jpg
And what about Joey, Snake and Wheels with their baaad band, The Zit Remedy?http://www.degrassi.ca/Archives/Index/Lyrics/zits.jpg

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/08/05 at 8:22 am

the school's out movie was classic. all the friendships end up in the gutter, wheels kills someone by drinking and driving and paralyzes lucy. what a way to end a series.

Written By: Czar Matthew on 03/08/05 at 8:52 am

That movie was intense. Like the scene where Lucy teaches Caitlin how to put a condom on, or where Caitlin handed Joey the condom in the restaurant. Whoa!

I was only 8 when it came out and was a big fan of the show, but Ma wouldn't let me watch it for a few years. I was still pretty blown away though. Just hearing them swear alone was enough to get me laughing.

Check for new replies or respond here...