inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Funny lyric mistakes

Written By: ADH13 on 03/08/05 at 7:25 pm

Can you remember anyone singing lyrics wrong (unintentionally)?

I remember EVERYONE used to get part of "Down Under" wrong.  I can remember:

"You better run, you better think some more"

"You better run, you better take the bus"

"You better run, you better take the dog"

Subject: Re: Funny lyric mistakes

Written By: karen on 03/09/05 at 8:24 am

There's pages and pages of them over on amiright.com (one of Chucky's other sites)  here's the link to Men at work stuff http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/menatwork.shtml  but there's loads of other groups

The song I had the most trouble with was Cyndi Lauper's Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun.  It was the when the working day is done line.  I think it was her accent that made it difficult to understand

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 8:39 am

I remember when the song "I Don't Like Spiders And Snakes" came out.  My friend Kym thought it was "I Don't Like Vitamin C" - we rolled round laughing for ages. ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/09/05 at 10:42 am

Well, being that my life has never really not included music (started liking it--on my own, I've been told--when I was 2 or 3!), there's many many lyrics I've misheard. Especially as a kid, I think it's easy to do.

One of my most memorable (which I still don't know what it is!) is from Toto's "Africa."

On the chorus, it sounds to me either like "" or " down in Africa." ;D

Written By: karen on 03/09/05 at 10:50 am

Well, being that my life has never really not included music (started liking it--on my own, I've been told--when I was 2 or 3!), there's many many lyrics I've misheard. Especially as a kid, I think it's easy to do.

One of my most memorable (which I still don't know what it is!) is from Toto's "Africa."

On the chorus, it sounds to me either like "" or " down in Africa." ;D

This site http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/toto/139798.html says that it's I bless the rains down in Africa

Check for new replies or respond here...