inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pee Wee's Playhouse

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/08/05 at 8:24 pm

Anyone here heard of or seen Pee Wee's Playhouse?  It's a really funny show, and I am looking forward to getting it on DVD. I have also seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure last night on TV, and it's funny after seeing at least three or four times.

Subject: Re: Pee Wee's Playhouse

Written By: Webstor on 03/08/05 at 10:04 pm

Pee-Wee's playhouse was a classic!
Chairy, Ptery the Pterydactyl, the puppet band, Magic Screen,
King of Cartoons, Cowboy Curtis, Miss Yvonne, Captain Karl,  it was all great

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure was awesome too!

I Know you are, but what am I?
There's no basement in the Alamo...
Tell 'em Large Marge Sent ya!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 6:50 am

OMG....I used to watch that every Saturday morning!!!!!!! I used to love when that guy used to say, "Meca Leca hi meca hiney ho" LOL!!!! I have Pee Wee's Big Adventure on DVD...it's a classic!!! I didn't like Big Top Pee Wee as much.

Erin :)

Written By: bj26 on 03/09/05 at 7:36 am

I used to show Pee Wee's Playhouse to my 5 year old, and since then, now she's 15, all she likes to eat is ice cream soup ;D
                              http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/06/102606.jpg

Written By: Czar Matthew on 03/09/05 at 9:11 am

My sister and I watched Pee-Wee's Playhouse every saturday morning. I wish we had a Toys R Us when they dumped all of his merchandice. I don't think I'll get the DVD though. I have a few videos and watch the christmas show every december, but I think a DVD set might be overkill!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/02/05 at 2:30 pm

Yes I loved that show too.  I want to check out a dvd and show it to my 3 year old and see if he likes it.  He loves Home Alone and other stuff like that which I used to watch as a kid.
I want to get Pee Wee's big adventure on dvd too.  I agree Big top Pee Wee isnt as good.

Written By: wing on 04/04/05 at 9:51 pm

My goodness, those Pee Wee Herman movies really scared the crap out of me. Where's the one where he steals a bike or sth and then he gets lost or sth and finds himself travelling with a bunch of circus freaks... Scared the complete crap out of me... but then again I must've been only 5 or sth

Written By: Triviamom on 04/05/05 at 1:51 pm

Do you mind? I'm TRYING to use the phone! ;D

Written By: chel-bert on 04/21/05 at 2:58 am

My goodness, those Pee Wee Herman movies really scared the crap out of me. Where's the one where he steals a bike or sth and then he gets lost or sth and finds himself travelling with a bunch of circus freaks... Scared the complete crap out of me... but then again I must've been only 5 or sth

Oh , yeah, scard me to death! That big ghost trruck driver woman in " big adventure" shivers The thing that really scared me was when i got older and saw paul rubens( Pee Wee) slip under a table and snort drugs with cheech and chong in one of thier movies. Talk about shock! I had only known him as the saturday morning guy! (and that was before all the embarrassing legal stuff that came later)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/21/05 at 10:32 am

I rented pee wee's playhouse volume 1 on dvd this weekend and showed it to my 3 year old, he liked it.  At first he was calling him pee pee then he got it right and said pee wee.  Funny!

I also rented Pee wee's big adventure cause we were going to see my 6 year old nephew.  He liked it so much he wanted to watch it again right after.  :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/21/05 at 1:20 pm

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...