inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite REO Speedwagon

Written By: eightieschick53 on 03/10/05 at 10:28 pm

My choice is Keep on Loving You. That song rocks! It's one of the best ballads of the '80's.

Subject: Re: Favorite REO Speedwagon

Written By: ADH13 on 03/10/05 at 10:37 pm

I said Keep On Loving You too

I like Can't Fight This Feeling but it reminds me of my dad who died 15 yrs ago so it's hard for me to listen to it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/10/05 at 10:57 pm

Keep On Loving You...for those great memories....Hey, Angie :D

Written By: bratzdan78 on 03/11/05 at 12:30 am

My Choice= Keep On Loving You.
I really like Riding The Storm Out and Tough Guys too.
I have Hi Infidelity on CD. Havent played it in awhile. Just might give it a spin
right now.  8)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/11/05 at 2:15 am

I picked "Can't Fight this Feeling". Great song, and it was the only one of theirs I knew for awhile.

I admit, even for me, it's bordering on extreme cheese, but I like it.:) It's actually a bit different than "Keep on Loving You" to me -- both are great, but the latter was more of a mid-tempo, classic rock styled ballad, whereas this one screams "1985" with that keyboard line, and the high-pitched vocals. I bet it was a popular prom theme at the time - sounds perfect for that!

I'd consider it a cross of Air Supply and a hair metal ballad - but that's a good thing!

As for other songs of theirs I like; the rocker "I Do' Wanna Know" (has a little of a 50's tinge imo), "In My Dreams" and the other big hit "Take it on the Run."

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 3:37 am

Keep on loving you followed by Can't fight this feeling anymore.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/11/05 at 4:10 am

Mines Take it on the Run..

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/11/05 at 5:29 am

"Time For Me To Fly"
Great words, great song!

You got me stealin’ your love away
’cause you never give it
Peeling the years away
And we can’t relive it
I make you laugh
And you make me cry
I believe it’s time for me to fly

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 03/11/05 at 5:57 am

Can't Fight This Feeling

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/11/05 at 9:57 am

Can't Fight This Feeling

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:36 pm

Keep On Loving You  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/11/05 at 3:14 pm

Can't Fight This Feeling. Is it me or is it that this song along with Keep on Loving You is kind of similar.

Tanya

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 3:16 pm

Keep On Loving You

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/28/05 at 5:21 am

BUMP

Seeing as I've been listening to them quite a bit lately, I had to give this another shot. Recently picked up a copy of their The Hits compilation from 1988. Let me say the 2 new songs recorded for it - despite not being hits themselves - definitely live up to the title! :)

The upbeat "I Don't Wanna Lose You" is a synth rocker, maybe a bit outdated by then, but so catchy in a Starship kind of way! "Here With Me" is more like the pop ballads of the time, with a rock edge.

On the total other side of the fence, I was skeptical of their early hard rock material being as good as their polished 80's hits I was used to, but it is -- I just take it individually instead of comparing it to their other songs. "Ridin' the Storm Out" and "Back on the Road" are great jammin' 70's classic rock.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/28/05 at 6:53 am

I voted for Keep On Loving You....reminds of of Last American Virgin

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 07/28/05 at 7:07 am

I like, I can't fight this feeling

Written By: WarPigz on 07/31/05 at 12:06 pm

I hated REO Speedwagon..geez, but I guess I would have to say Take it on the Run is their best song...best line:

Written By: laldn324 on 08/08/05 at 8:28 pm

Wow, here's a topic I didn't think I'd see - but cool  :)
Back in the early 80s, I was probably the biggest REO fan alive.  This is really embarrasing, but I would put the album inserts - the part that the record slid into - up on my wall by my bed so I could kiss the band members all goodnight (makes even me want to puke now!).  From Hi-Infidelity, my fave song was "In Your Letter".  I soon realized their older stuff too and almost played the 9 Lives album to death.  REO was even technically my first concert - albeit on a large screen TV down at the local skating rink.  Alas, as the 80s progressed, I lost interest and went on to other bands and musical tastes.  I recently saw the video for "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" and I have to say, I was embarrassed...for the band! LOL  Wow, that was a really bad video.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 9:17 pm

;D  yea Metal..I liked Keep on lovin you..as well...l Itotally forgot about Last American virgin..good flick..This song made me think of an Old Flame..lol..he totally dumped me...That jerk..hope he's lonely RIGHT NOW!!!..lol..not really..

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/09/05 at 9:37 am

;D  yea Metal..I liked Keep on lovin you..as well...l Itotally forgot about Last American virgin..good flick..This song made me think of an Old Flame..lol..he totally dumped me...That jerk..hope he's lonely RIGHT NOW!!!..lol..not really..

;D Maybe he's hangin' over the side of a pool in the jets now? Sorry your flame dumped you. 

I have to get Last American Virgin-haven't seen that probably since the 80's ended.

Written By: nally on 08/17/05 at 4:42 pm

My choice is Keep on Loving You. That song rocks! It's one of the best ballads of the '80's.

That would be my pick too. "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" would be my 2nd choice. :)

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 10/25/05 at 5:47 am

I also like Keep On Loving You

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/25/05 at 7:55 am

I Love REO Speedwagon...they are my 12 year old son's favorite band...we saw them in concert last year at this Mountain Top Resort, in July, and it was AWESOME!  They started out doing : Ridin the Storm...I loved when they did In My Dreams, I hadn't really paid attention to that song until the concert, but the way they preformed it gave me goosebumps!

My favorites of there are:

Time For Me to Fly
That Ain't Love
In Dreams
Here with Me
Live every Moment
Don't Let Him Go

Infact...they don't sing a song I don't like, and they have been together for 30 years now, and still tour constantly, they said they are working on a new album. 

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 10/25/05 at 11:51 am

Take it on the Run

Written By: Southern Image on 10/27/05 at 12:30 pm

Can't Fight This Feeling

Written By: Bobby on 10/27/05 at 3:51 pm

"Time For Me To Fly"
Great words, great song!

You got me stealin’ your love away
’cause you never give it
Peeling the years away
And we can’t relive it
I make you laugh
And you make me cry
I believe it’s time for me to fly

Yep! That's a good one too. Oh what about that Goonie soundtrack? I love that as well.

Written By: whistledog on 10/27/05 at 3:52 pm

Yep! That's a good one too. Oh what about that Goonie soundtrack? I love that as well.

"Wherever You're Goin' (It's Alright)"  I love that one too.  It was never released as a single, but I always thought it should have been.  It would have been a BIG hit for sure :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/27/05 at 3:54 pm

"Wherever You're Goin' (It's Alright)"  I love that one too.  It was never released as a single, but I always thought it should have been.  It would have been a BIG hit for sure :)

That's the one. It certainly should have been released, Jason. I would buy it without a hesitation.  :)

Written By: STAR70 on 10/27/05 at 5:25 pm

...and if i had to crawl upon your floor/come crashing thru your door/ baby i can't fight this feeling anymore

Written By: Bobby on 10/27/05 at 6:09 pm

...and if i had to crawl upon your floor/come crashing thru your door/ baby i can't fight this feeling anymore

They don't write them like that anymore.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/27/05 at 11:08 pm

Ick.  REO Speedwagon always reminds me of the roller rink when I was twelve.  We used to go roller skating a lot then.  Or as the said in NH, "Rollah skatin'"

I caught it from a friend who, caught it frome a friend who, caught it from another, I been sleeping around!
:D

Subject: Favorite REO Speedwagon

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 9:57 pm

I love the song 'Can't Fight This Feeling' and in fact EVERY SONG ON THIER 1984 ALBUM!!

That song should have been on thier 1981 album!! (Infidelity)

Check for new replies or respond here...