inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: E True Hollywood Story on Full House Sunday night

Written By: eightiesfan on 03/11/05 at 7:49 am

I just read over at www.sitcomsonline.com that the E True Hollywood Story will be doing a two-hour special about Full House this Sunday night, March 13. 

One interesting tidbit I heard is that the mothers of the girls on that show had to get Bob Saget to watch his language behind the cameras, he apparently liked to cuss a lot.  ;D

Subject: Re: E True Hollywood Story on Full House Sunday night

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/11/05 at 11:05 am

Oh cool, thanks  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/11/05 at 12:06 pm

Cool, thanks for letting us know! :)

I'm a fan of FH (especially in the last year or so, I've really gotten into it), and actually don't recall ever seing any kind of documentary about it. Plus, I'd love to see how everyone else looks now (I did see Jodie Sweetin interviewed for an Olsen Twins special on VH1 a couple years ago. She actually looks mostly the same as Stephanie, just bigger and older. Dunno about the others, though. I hope the adults don't start looking older -- that's when you really know it's the end of an era). :(

One interesting tidbit I heard is that the mothers of the girls on that show had to get Bob Saget to watch his language behind the cameras, he apparently liked to cuss a lot.  ;D

LOL, I heard that his standup comedy is 100% different than the usual "clean, nice funny guy" image he had as Danny and hosting America's Funniest Home Videos too. I can't imagine that, but I guess it just proves ya can't always tell what someone is like.

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 03/11/05 at 12:30 pm

Yay John Stamos  :D

Written By: Howard on 03/11/05 at 1:54 pm

What's the show going to be about? ???

Howard

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 4:38 pm

John Stamos looks the same ... I bet Becky's lost her looks and I imagine Saget looking about the same ... he's almost 50 though  :\'(  Time sure has passed since 1990.

The only people on the show still under 18 are the twins and they're 14 now.  :\'(

I'll watch it ... if my bro will let me  ;D

That stuff about Bob Saget disheartens me.  All the men are that show are fake except probably Dave Coulier.  He was probably the only one of the three dads who geniunely liked the show, don't you think?    >:(  :( The girls seem to like it though :)

Thanks for telling me :)  I was once Full_House_Fan, if yall remember. :)

Written By: eightiesfan on 03/14/05 at 7:41 am

I watched part of it last night - most of it seemed to be focused on Mary-Kate and Ashley, which I kind of figured it would.  I did learn something interesting that I didn't know before - they originally wanted to let go of the Olsen twins at the end of the first season and age Michelle, like they do on a lot of other shows, but the producers decided to take a chance and let them grow up in front of America's eyes.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 03/14/05 at 10:59 am

I used to like D.J. (Candance Cameron) because she was my age.  I had a crush on her.  :-[  :D 

D.J. and Stephanie were the original stars of that show, it's a shame those Olsen twins hog the spot light like this.  They're not even all that good looking.  Go to any mall in America and you'll find girls way better looking then the Olsen twins.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/16/05 at 12:14 pm

I watched it.  Interesting to find out that Bob Saget had a potty mouth and would curse and tell dirty jokes and get in trouble because the parents of the girls got mad.

And Becky didnt lose her looks, I think she looks prettier than ever.  Candace Cameron looks great too.  Oh and Jodie Sweetin too!  She looks great.  I think they all looked great.

Written By: nally on 03/16/05 at 3:26 pm

I watched it; found it quite interesting, although there were a few mistakes. For example, Candace Cameron was 11, not 10, when the show began. (Unless the first episode was filmed before her birthday.)

Written By: eightiesfan on 03/16/05 at 3:44 pm

They interviewed the actor that played Danny in the original pilot, (John Posey, I think his name is) - I felt a little sorry for him when he talked about how he had his things in his car and was on his way out to LA to do the show only to find out that they were replacing him with Bob Saget.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/16/05 at 4:34 pm

They interviewed the actor that played Danny in the original pilot, (John Posey, I think his name is) - I felt a little sorry for him when he talked about how he had his things in his car and was on his way out to LA to do the show only to find out that they were replacing him with Bob Saget.

Oh yeah that was a bummer...but I cant imagine anyone else doing Danny except Bob Saget.

Written By: nally on 03/16/05 at 11:03 pm

Oh yeah that was a bummer...but I cant imagine anyone else doing Danny except Bob Saget.

Neither can I.

Check for new replies or respond here...