inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s video instrumental song

Written By: lsouquette on 03/12/05 at 12:12 am

:) I am looking for a very famous instrumental (techno) song.  I don't know the title or the artist, but it is played very frequently--even now.  I know the the video had the lower half of a woman's mannequin walking and the song was mostly synthesizer with the same loop playing over and over throughout the song.  It has no words or lyrics.  I've been searching for this song with no luck.  I'm at a loss...  Please help! :-\\

Subject: Re: 80s video instrumental song

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 12:44 am

:) I am looking for a very famous instrumental (techno) song.  I don't know the title or the artist, but it is played very frequently--even now.  I know the the video had the lower half of a woman's mannequin walking and the song was mostly synthesizer with the same loop playing over and over throughout the song.  It has no words or lyrics.  I've been searching for this song with no luck.  I'm at a loss...  Please help! :-\\

Wild Guess, but is it "Axel F" from Beverly Hills Cop?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/12/05 at 2:08 am

pretty sure you're talking about "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock  :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 4:30 am

pretty sure you're talking about "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock  :)

My thoughts exactly, Maria. Great video.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/05 at 11:40 am

Definitely "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock.

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 1:33 pm

I think the video and song you are looking for is "19" by the brilliant Paul Hardcastle.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 1:35 pm

I think the video and song you are looking for is "19" by the brilliant Paul Hardcastle.
"19" featured shots of soldiers fighting in Vietnam!

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 1:42 pm

"19" featured shots of soldiers fighting in Vietnam!

Yes it did. I think the video is fantastic and well done.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/13/05 at 6:15 pm

pretty sure you're talking about "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock :)

Defninitely Rockit by Herbie Hancock.  The video is pretty good, but a little creepy.

Written By: Bobby on 03/13/05 at 6:17 pm

Defninitely Rockit by Herbie Hancock.  The video is pretty good, but a little creepy.

Yes, very creepy. I first saw it at a young age and it frightened the heck out of me.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/05 at 8:52 pm

19 and Rockit are good songs, I also like Pump Up The Volume by MARRS as well.

Written By: Robert a on 05/31/06 at 3:26 am

The other day i got a stack of cd's from a friend. I just so happen to catch these as they where going bye bye, (if you know what i mean?) well it just so happened a cd cought my eye so i kept it. (It had a numbe rof cool 80's songs on it..) I put it in and little did i know.. There was this song that I searched all over for, it seemed forever. I had basicly givin up because it had no words. I had hummed it to some people. They thought it was the love boat theme. It wasnt of course. It just so happeneds that that cd that cought my eye had this song.. Axel f.. I rememeber this song because of digital technology. A small, but boring to most fact was that this song was one of the 1st purly digital scores. From point a to point b to your cd-player it was all digital. Before it was it was common it was also the first to be put on a cd only (till a movie used it as a theme) that was huge back then, now days it's pretty common, and i bet your ready to yawn!  :\'( Still you gotta love it... I thought about re-mixing to feel the bits of a phill collins song, just for the heck of it.

Written By: Robert a on 05/31/06 at 3:36 am

Let me re-think this? A remix would have to be carefully done, as if we need another "frog"y re-mix! That would be anoying as all get-out.

Check for new replies or respond here...