inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do the 80s fit in more with the 60s and 70s or 90s and 00s?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 12:58 am

I'd say 90s and 00s. Rock and roll in the 80s was cheesy, pop stuff and adult-geared things, and tech then was more a primitive today then high end mid-to-late 20th century.

Subject: Re: Do the 80s fit in more with the 60s and 70s or 90s and 00s?

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 03/12/05 at 1:20 am

I consider the 80s and 90s to be the time of my youth.  (even though I'm still currently a relatively young guy at age 29)  Back then was my real youth youth, and "growing up" years. 

So the 80s and 90s were more like one entity to me, with two different styles in both decades though.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/12/05 at 1:21 am

I would say the earliest 80's (my favorites) including Donna Summer, Olivia Newton-John, Irene Cara, Blondie, Toni Basil, Survivor, Toto, Human League, etc. fit more with the 70's

The later 80's such as OMD, Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, Alphaville, Camouflage, REM, etc. fit more with the 90's & 00's...

The middle kinda had some of both... Madonna, Belinda Carlisle, Kool & The Gang fit more with the 70's... but at the same time, there was Duran Duran, A-Ha, etc.

That's kind of a hard question  :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 1:22 am

I would say the earliest 80's (my favorites) including Donna Summer, Olivia Newton-John, Irene Cara, Blondie, Toni Basil, Survivor, Toto, Human League, etc. fit more with the 70's

The later 80's such as OMD, Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, Alphaville, Camouflage, REM, etc. fit more with the 90's & 00's...

The middle kinda had some of both... Madonna, Belinda Carlisle, Kool & The Gang fit more with the 70's... but at the same time, there was Duran Duran, A-Ha, etc.

That's kind of a hard question  :)

It was sort of the transition - I'd say 1980-1982 is more Boomer-mid to late 20th and 1983-1989 more like today.

Check for new replies or respond here...