inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone heard of Stephen Bishop?

Written By: eightieschick53 on 03/12/05 at 6:21 pm

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone remembers Stephen Bishop. He used to sing all the songs from soundtracks like Tootsie, Animal House, Arthur and even Barney's Great Adventure ;D :P. He was a pretty good singer.

Subject: Re: Has anyone heard of Stephen Bishop?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 10:51 pm

I remember that song from Tootsie....for some reason....I had a dream when I was really young and that song was either in my dream or it reminded me of my dream..and everytime I would hear it...I would get a strange eerie feeling coming over me....very odd...huh?

Erin :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 03/12/05 at 11:25 pm

Maybe Its You from Tootsie is one of a very small group of songs on this planet that can make me cry.  Its such a sweet song.

Written By: jiminy on 03/12/05 at 11:48 pm

no, but i've heard of beating the bishop  ::)

Written By: Davester on 03/13/05 at 4:57 am

no, but i've heard of beating the bishop  ::)

Silly... :D

Recently, the Helzer brothers, two of the accused charged with the murders of Selina Bishop, her mother and two others were condemned...

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/13/05 at 5:17 am

Yeah, i am listening to his song 'It Might Be You' at this moment in time

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 11:02 am

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone remembers Stephen Bishop. He used to sing all the songs from soundtracks like Tootsie, Animal House, Arthur and even Barney's Great Adventure ;D :P. He was a pretty good singer.

I think his single "On & On" is a really good song.

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 03/13/05 at 1:08 pm

He played a small role in Animal House; he was that guy playing the guitar on the stairs of Delta House.  John Belushi takes the guitar from Steven Bishop and smashes it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 8:23 pm

http://www.bluedesert.dk/cd3cm/bishop/careless.jpg

At the age of thirteen, Stephen Bishop found himself at a crossroads. A clarinetist with hopes of becoming a History teacher, he was forever changed after watching the Beatles one night on “The Ed Sullivan Show.” He convinced his brother to buy him an electric guitar. He bought a “Mel Bay” chordbook and began to learn to play guitar and make up chords as well, writing his first song,”Surf’s Turf..” a pathetic sounding intrumental. He formed a band called, “The Weeds” and began to play at local faternity parties incorporating his own original songs with various songs from top 40.

In 1975 he was signed to ABC Records who released his first album, “Careless.” His two hits from that album were,”Save It For a Rainy Day,” and “On and On..” Soon the album went gold, as well as his next album, Bish.

He sang the theme, “It Might Be You,” from the movie, “Tootsie,” as well as writing and/or singing 13 other films including, “Animal House,” and “Separate Lives..” from “White Nights.” His songs have been sung by artists such as: Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Barbra Streisand, Art Garfunkel, Steve Perry, Stephanie Mills, Kenny Loggins, Johnny Mathis, Phoebe Snow, David Crosby, The Four Tops and Pavarotti.

Stephen has been nominated for a two Grammy’s and an Oscar nomination for his song, “Separate Lives”. His new CD is entitled, “Blue Guitars..” and his book on rough drafts, “SONGS IN THE ROUGH.” published by St. Martins’ Press, has nearly sold out in it’s first printing.

Check for new replies or respond here...