inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Madonna Or Michael Jackson

Written By: 90s boy on 03/13/05 at 1:57 am

lol my vote is for madonna she had great 80's songs sexy videos and pushed the limites of sex in the 80's and brouht into the 90's

favoret songs Open Your Heart 1986

Spot Light 1988 Jan

Luckey Star 1984 more to come lol

Subject: Re: Madonna Or Michael Jackson

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 3:09 am

lol my vote is for madonna she had great 80's songs sexy videos and pushed the limites of sex in the 80's and brouht into the 90's

Spot Light 1988 Jan

Madonna. My all time favourite Madonna song is "Gambler" (1984). Can you remember the name of the movie that song and "Crazy For You" came from?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 3:51 am

Spot Light 1988 Jan

I cannot vote there is no poll!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 03/13/05 at 5:39 am

Madonna

Written By: 90s boy on 03/13/05 at 12:04 pm

I cannot vote there is no poll!

it's not a poll it's peoples opoion on them on who they think is better

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 1:16 pm

it's not a poll it's peoples opoion on them on who they think is better

In my opoion their are both fine music performers

Written By: whitewolf on 03/13/05 at 8:32 pm

I like both, mostly their stuff from the early 80s though

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 8:46 pm

Michael had such talent, as a performer..awesome dancer. I can't get past what a mean person he is though. I still have the first two Madonna LP's and if I had to choose I'd say I like her better :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 8:47 pm

As a person - Madonna of course.  MJ is f*ed up.  

Musically, Madonna appeals to me more, but MJ has more talent.  Prince beats both.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 8:49 pm

Michael had such talent, as a performer..awesome dancer. I can't get past what a mean person he is though. I still have the first two Madonna LP's and if I had to choose I'd say I like her better :)

Sure is a shame such a great talent is such a warped person  :(  Madonna is weird too though, but nothing compared to Michael Jerkson.  ::)

Written By: 90s boy on 03/14/05 at 12:47 am

Madonna. My all time favourite Madonna song is "Gambler" (1984). Can you remember the name of the movie that song and "Crazy For You" came from?

\Gambler is a good good song lol but it's from 1985 Visoust soundtrack

Written By: nikkisixx#1 on 03/23/05 at 7:47 pm

i would have to say madonna because she is way better than michael jackson the guy who likes to play with little kids so i hate him

Written By: Robbo on 03/23/05 at 11:18 pm

Definately Michael Jackson. There's no comparison.
Michael Jackson emerged from a child progidy into an music legend using video as a force to break through television's racial divide.
Madonna was cool and everything, but she aint Michael Jackson. She wasn't no Billie Jean, Beat It or Thriller. I mean, Michael Jackson did something that no-one's ever done before with Thriller. For a young black man to be the idol for so many people, from 8 to 80, has never happened before, not on that level.

Written By: 90s boy on 03/23/05 at 11:59 pm

Definately Michael Jackson. There's no comparison.
Michael Jackson emerged from a child progidy into an music legend using video as a force to break through television's racial divide.
Madonna was cool and everything, but she aint Michael Jackson. She wasn't no Billie Jean, Beat It or Thriller. I mean, Michael Jackson did something that no-one's ever done before with Thriller. For a young black man to be the idol for so many people, from 8 to 80, has never happened before, not on that level.

Madonna is a Music Legean Her self and still can have a hit recored to this day unlike Michael Jackson and she had the 2nd grasted Video Evere made Like A Prayer only Before thriller

Written By: Robbo on 03/24/05 at 6:21 am

Madonna is a Music Legean Her self and still can have a hit recored to this day unlike Michael Jackson and she had the 2nd grasted Video Evere made Like A Prayer only Before thriller

Michael can still have hit records. You Rock My World (2001) hit #1 everywhere. Butterflies (2001) reached #1 on airplay. The "Invincible" album hit #1 worldwide and sold 8 million copies (which is more than most albums ell in this day and age of music file sharing). Number Ones (2003) sold 7 million worlwide, and went #1 in every country except the US.
Like A Prayer might be the 2nd greatest video ever made, but Michael Jackson revolutionized the music video. He used video as a force to break through TV's racial divide. For that reason alone he's considered a music legend.
I think Madonna is a wonderful artist. I like quite alot of her songs (Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Into the Groove, Like A Prayer, Vogue) but there's no way she can be consider better than Michael Jackson, considering she made her fame from stealing Michael's tunes. Billie Jean and Like A Virgin have almost identical intro's. The drum beat is the same, the bassline is almost the same, and the synthesizer is almost the same, not quite, but it's the same as in it's played on beats 1 and 2-and. Like A Virgin was made one year after Billie Jean, so it's quite obvious she stole or, if you like, "borrowed", the intro from Billie Jean.

Written By: mjcan on 10/21/05 at 1:44 pm

Michael Jackson..michael Jackson..Michael jackson... 8) :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/05 at 1:46 pm

I'm not a real big fan of either lately, but back in the 80's, they were both filled with talent.  I think I'm gonna go with Madonna on this one.  I liked her song "Borderline" as well as her uncredited vocals on the popular 1985 Jellybean track "Sidewalk Talk" :)

Written By: mjcan on 10/21/05 at 1:52 pm

i would have to say madonna because she is way better than michael jackson the guy who likes to play with little kids so i hate him

this is not true....He is innocent...
I think u done wrong...'couse u  believed damned tabloids....They dont write true...
I hope u ll understand me :-\\

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/21/05 at 2:06 pm

Madonna.  Simply put, she is the single greatest entertainer to ever walk the face of the earth.  She is absolutely mindblowingly amazing and a pure marketing genius.  She is very talented and continues to produce cutting-edge, superior pop music.  Always slightly ahead of her time, but not far enough ahead to alienate the public.  She's my girl.  Always has been, always will be.  A true star.  A phenomenon.

Written By: woops on 10/21/05 at 10:49 pm

Both, pre 1991

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/21/05 at 10:51 pm

Madonna gets my vote  :)

Written By: alyceclover on 10/21/05 at 11:04 pm

recently nominated Madonna as who I felt was a contemporay Iconoclast, Michael Jackson is so talented, but he's destroyed himself on the personal level, so lost respect for him....I couldn't say which is better, I like them both....

Written By: TC1970 on 10/22/05 at 6:10 am

Maddona.  Too bad MJ went downhill..I liked his music in the 80's

Check for new replies or respond here...