inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiffany

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 1:36 pm

What is she up to now?

Subject: Re: Tiffany

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 1:42 pm

The last detail I have on Tiffany is that she provided the voice for Judy Jetson in Jetsons: The Movie in 1990.

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 2:02 pm

The last detail I have on Tiffany is that she provided the voice for Judy Jetson in Jetsons: The Movie in 1990.

I remember taking my kids to see that movie at the movies and to the life of me I didn't know that was the Tiffany! Well thanks for that piece of information.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 5:09 pm

... is the 80s Ashlee Simpson.  :P

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 03/13/05 at 10:10 pm

no way

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/14/05 at 12:33 am

No. I don't think so. How you compare Tiffany to Ashlee Simpson? Tiffany's music was teen pop in those days. Ashlee's music may be pop, but with a rock feel to it. I don't think that anyone can compare Tiffany to Ashlee Simpson.

Written By: 90s boy on 03/14/05 at 12:45 am

she was Debbie Gibson Rivle she was good in 2002 she did a shot for Playboy

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/14/05 at 1:16 am

she was Debbie Gibson Rivle she was good in 2002 she did a shot for Playboy

Will I be able to find a pic of her in Playboy Magazine on the net?

Written By: Arvig on 03/14/05 at 4:08 am

Don't know the TOS standards for posting links directly to such a site...(and no, I don't have any bookmarked.  :p  ), but her full name if memory serves is "Tiffany Renee Darwisch".

She does have an entry on the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com)...so one can see some current photos of her (NO, not Playboy spreads.  :p) there.  Here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0862992/

Here's two facts from her BIO on the IMDB I didn't know at all:

>Fluent in Arabic and French

Tiffany is of Lebanese/Syrian decent
<

Full URL for the bio is here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0862992/bio

Didn't know she had divorced in 2003, did know she had married and mostly stepped out of the show biz limelight to become a mom, think I saw that on a VH-1 "Where Are They Now" episode.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/05 at 3:54 pm

I highly doubt it.

Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/05 at 3:55 pm

I highly doubt it.

Howard

Has anyone tried yet?

Written By: Howard on 03/14/05 at 4:01 pm

Has anyone tried yet?

Nope.

Howard

Written By: Arvig on 03/14/05 at 4:25 pm

I highly doubt it.

Howard

I haven't looked, but to be honest I actually bet it wouldn't be THAT hard, I just didn't want to link to a Google search of such, didn't think that would be kosher just guessing...that and I'd assume a lot of the sites that would have such would be pop-up happy and/or start asking those lame "Do you want to install (insert spyware disguised as a decent program) now" questions of people, and didn't want to accidently expose people to harmful software.

Or to put it another way, without even trying to look for it, I stumbled into some of Debbie Gibson's on a site...and although yes her cover shoot and set are a lot more recent, I suspect someone has scanned Tiffany's also.

Written By: george78 on 03/24/05 at 12:29 pm

Ahh how I love Tiffany topics.  ;)

I have heard the rumor that Tiffany is Lebanese, but I'm pretty sure she is not. Her last name is Darwish. Isn't that an Irish name? I have no idea where that Lebanese thing came from.

Tiffany divorced her first husband in 2002 or 2003. She remarried last August and is splitting her time in L.A. and London. I guess she has homes in both. Tiffany is currently doing shows across the country. She has upcoming concerts in Florida, Ohio, Vegas, New Mexico and is performing at this year's West Hollywood Gay Pride festival in June with Debbie Gibson and Debbie Harry.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/05 at 4:24 pm

What is she up to now?
Still singing in shopping malls

Written By: george78 on 03/24/05 at 6:43 pm

Never heard that joke before........ ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/05 at 3:04 am

What is she up to now?

Never heard that joke before........ ???

At the time Tiffany was 13 years old, and to promote the album, a plan was hatched to have Tiffany perform nation-wide at shopping malls and within weeks she was singing to over 5,000 screaming fans in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/25/05 at 10:10 am

I saw something on her on True Hollywood Story and it was like 3 years ago.  She was traveling around and singing on college campuses and she was doing new music.  She had a new album called "Color of Silence"  Some people gave it good reviews on Amazon.com.

Written By: george78 on 03/25/05 at 11:56 am

I actually saw Tiffany on her college tour when I was in school. I brought some friends with me who didn't care much for her, but they walked out of the show as fans. Even I, as an avid Tiffany fan, was very impressed. Her voice was amazing as a teen, but more incredible as an adult. The show brought in about 500 people, not bad for a "has-been". She broke attendance records at many colleges. At BYU, over 13,000 attended, surpassing Elton John's record. At a California university, there was a crowd of over 4,000.

It was unfortunate she didn't make a huge comeback. Tiffany was on an independent label which didn't have the financial backing to promote her like she should have been.

Her 2000 album was highly praised by critics, including Billboard magazine. They hailed it as "one of the finest pop albums of the year". Although the album had a heavy rock flavor to it.

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 03/25/05 at 2:08 pm

"Color of Silence" is a great album.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/05 at 2:11 pm

"Color of Silence" is a great album.

An appropiate title for the few years of Tiffany's career?

Written By: george78 on 03/25/05 at 2:44 pm

Her "career" spanned about 3 years, 1987 - 1990. That's longer than a lot of other artists' careers.

BTW, the shopping mall tour was a promotional tool used by her record company to get her name out. Her first album was released after the mall tour.

Written By: Sick of Britney on 05/01/05 at 5:57 pm

Agree...and she "sounds" like her too!  ::)  :P

Written By: Sick of Britney on 05/01/05 at 6:07 pm

"I Think We're Alone Now" is a good song though  :)

IMO, she wasn't much of a looker and hasn't aged well.

Written By: robby76 on 05/01/05 at 9:43 pm

Tiffany's on a reality show in England called "Hit Me Baby One More Time", where old stars get a 2nd shot at fame. She's already won the first heat, and will go on to the final stages. Just Google her name and the show title. She's doing REALLY WELL!!!

Written By: george78 on 05/02/05 at 9:42 am

"I Think We're Alone Now" is a good song though  :)

IMO, she wasn't much of a looker and hasn't aged well.

I will admit, in some interviews she looks a little........no comment. But she has aged well. I've seen some clips of her on tv and she looks great. Here is more recent pic....

Check for new replies or respond here...